F+++ you // a beautiful song to cover

Vocals are low and wet for me. Sounded like some clipping on the vocal, unless that was an effect you added. Couldn't really understand the lyrics--except for the chorus, got that part.

See, I saw the title of this thread and assumed it was about programming languages. :D

Yeah, the vocals are definitely clipping somewhere in their chain, but I assume that's intentional, right? You're going for that low-fi punk sound.

I might look into the panning a little bit. The bass leans distinctly right, and the distorted guitar leans distinctly left. It feels a little unbalanced to me.

You've also got a lot of dead air at the end of the song (30+ seconds of silence). You probably want to trim that off.

Love the style and I love energy.

I thought the bass sounded decent. Some of those higher notes kind of ring out a bit too loud. But it was decent. Good playing.

Like the singing. There was a strange reverb to it. Sounded unnatural.

I didn't think the guitars were too bad. A bit thin sounding, but they worked for this mix. They were a little loud and covered the vocal a little bit.

Drums were way back in the mix. Everything sounded a little thin. I could barely hear the kick at all.

I'm being a bit too critical. I had fun listening to it.

My initial reaction seeing the minute counter of 3:16 was that a 3 chord punk rock fuck you song has no business being over two and a half minutes long. But then the song dutifully end at 2:14 and all is right in the world. :thumbs up:

Back