Chris Isaak - Wicked Games | Minimal Techno Instrumental cover

  • Thread starter Thread starter OSHC
  • Start date Start date
Pretty neat and you did a great job - but intimately it's not a sound that lends it self it Wicked Game to me.
 
Nice and Clean. I Really appreciated your take on this Great song.
I'd like to hear another take of it with vox coming in and out. Loved it .. mark
 
Interesting and sympathetic take on a classic.
When you say 'AI Minimal Techno' - what part did AI play in the composition?
 
Nice and Clean. I Really appreciated your take on this Great song. I'd like to hear another take of it with vox coming in and out. Loved it .. mark
Nice and Clean. I Really appreciated your take on this Great song. I'd like to hear another take of it with vox coming in and out. Loved it .. mark
Nice and Clean. I Really appreciated your take on this Great song. I'd like to hear another take of it with vox coming in and out. Loved it .. mark
Interesting and sympathetic take on a classic. When you say 'AI Minimal Techno' - what part did AI play in the composition?
Interesting and sympathetic take on a classic. When you say 'AI Minimal Techno' - what part did AI play in the composition?

Nice and Clean. I Really appreciated your take on this Great song.
I'd like to hear another take of it with vox coming in and out. Loved it .. mark
Thank you very much, Mark!
 
Interesting and sympathetic take on a classic.
When you say 'AI Minimal Techno' - what part did AI play in the composition?
Thanks so much for listening to the cover. I guess the AI played the arrangement part in the composition!
 
Thanks so much for listening to the cover. I guess the AI played the arrangement part in the composition!

So how does that work? Do you just say 'play Wicked Game in a minimal techno style', or do you have to be more descriptive?
 
I was fortunate enough to call Jimmy Wilsey (the guitarist for Isaak) my friend for well over a decade. It was a sad ending for him when he passed away on Christmas Eve in 2018. He loved slow, reverb drenched, instrumentals. We both shared the same amp tech in Southern California, even though I was on tour. It’s how we met….and what prompted us to stay in touch through the years.

Chris dumped him, Winter (his wife dumped him) but not before they had a son, Waylon. Jimmy had his demons, mainly alcohol and heroin, and ultimately that’s what did him in, destitute and living on the street. Everyone simply gave up on Jimmy,

Have a listen to his album “El Dorado” for that classic Jimmy sound.

RIP brother, you’re still missed to this very day.
 
So how does that work? Do you just say 'play Wicked Game in a minimal techno style', or do you have to be more descriptive?
For this remix/cover, I literally just sang/recorded the vocal melody to the song.
 
Back
Top