F*@K IT - (Rap/Hip-Hop collab)

BCF1

F*@K IT - Rap/Hip-Hop collab w/my neighbors: Jules Galt and Otitis

Neighbors gave me the track to add some guitars to it. I'm a hard rock, punk, metal guy don't really know a lot about the Rap/Hip-Hop genre but trying to come up with licks that add to the track. This is one of a hand full that we're having a go at, adding rock/metal guitars to Rap/Hip-Hop. This is my mix of the track which is just the guitars mixed with the track as given to me. If they decide to use it Otitis will mix it their project properly. Added a little lick in beginning some subtle chordage throughout and a "lead" bit starting at 2:45 All comments welcome

Tried to to have the mp3 playable in the post but apparently I don't know how to do that.

Here's a link so no download needed : https://www.reverbnation.com/wristlock/song/27408876-fuck-it

Attachments

• Fuck it WE2.mp3
    7.6 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I think their snare is a bit too bright, too much high end in it. I know it's for effect, but I think it's just a touch too much. Great vocals, great recording of them too, and his vocal tone is great. Really good writing and delivery, including the meter of the lyrics. Thought it was really good.

I think their snare is a bit too bright, too much high end in it. I know it's for effect, but I think it's just a touch too much. Great vocals, great recording of them too, and his vocal tone is great. Really good writing and delivery, including the meter of the lyrics. Thought it was really good.

I definitely agree with you that the writing and vocal performance is really good and the quality overall is high. I was somewhat blown away when they asked me to listen to some tracks and they were all of this quality. So when they asked me if would have a go at it, it was a no brainer .....

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be passing it along.

I definitely agree with you that the writing and vocal performance is really good and the quality overall is high. I was somewhat blown away when they asked me to listen to some tracks and they were all of this quality. So when they asked me if would have a go at it, it was a no brainer .....

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be passing it along.

yeah, i imagine if my neighbors, at any point in my life, asked me to check out their recordings, no way would it have been this good. they know what they're doing. they must have a nice setup too. pleasant surprise, huh

listened again. yeah this is really good. def top level stuff. great writing.

yeah, i imagine if my neighbors, at any point in my life, asked me to check out their recordings, no way would it have been this good. they know what they're doing. they must have a nice setup too. pleasant surprise, huh

listened again. yeah this is really good. def top level stuff. great writing.

They got a laptop, a 2i2, a keyboard, not sure what mic they're using(it's definitely not an expensive one)1 set of headphones and a mic stand with one of those little half round isolation deals that mount to the stand and a pop filter. Mic stand is set up in the corner of the front room, no treatment of any kind, well there's two couches and a nice tv that they connect the laptop to, not only to utilize the large screen while tracking but also to use the built-in speakers for playback.
Basically the same crappy set-up I use, minus my guitar shit(Dual Rec, Cabs, etc.) Only their productions sound better..........Crazy

Below is the first tune we did. I'm actually just finishing up an alternate version of this one, totally different approach accent(lead) guitar wise, I'll post it up once done.

Thanks for checkin it out and commenting

Wow... so you added the guitars to this? Freakin' amazing, i love the sound, and the way you wah wah'ed (ish) the verses. Nice guitar work!

Pretty amazing. I am a huge fan of "RapCore" (heavy metal guitars and rap) -- P.O.D. for example Boom!

Wow... so you added the guitars to this? Freakin' amazing, i love the sound, and the way you wah wah'ed (ish) the verses. Nice guitar work!

Pretty amazing. I am a huge fan of "RapCore" (heavy metal guitars and rap) -- P.O.D. for example Boom!

Hey thanks !!!!!!!!! Yep, I'm the guitar guy.

So after I started on their stuff I played for them some of my stuff which I guess would be classified as Metal maybe crossover, anyway It's heavy. Otitis was totally into it so they're doing their thing with some Heavy shit and it's sounding REALLY GOOD(of course I'm kinda biased) So far the first one from that batch sounds a bit like RATM which is really not a bad thing, the rest are starting to form a sound of their own. Again biased......

Never was a "Rap" guy and couldn't claim to be into "RapCore" in fact I'm not certain I've heard that term before. Limp Bizkit.......No Thanks, I recall hearing a few P.O.D tunes I liked and I forget who did Click, Click, Boom was that P.O.D ? anyway that was a cool song, also liked me some RATM I guess exposure has a lot to do with liking things and since getting involved with this recently I have gain much more appreciation for the genre, still don't have much exposure to other artists but I like my new cohorts/neighbors music and I like what we're doing together.....expanding the musical vocab and all that..........
Guess the old saying is proving to be incorrect in this case..........Old dogs can learn new tricks :eek: :guitar:

Thanks again

I thought this was very good. Vocal sounds very good. Nice balance on things.

Heard a tiny pop at :07. Very tiny. you have to listen very closely.

I think you could maybe back off some high end on the snare.

The bass has a lot of high-midrange. It makes it sound a little tinny in the mix.

But overall, I thought this was really good.

I thought this was very good. Vocal sounds very good. Nice balance on things.

Heard a tiny pop at :07. Very tiny. you have to listen very closely.

I think you could maybe back off some high end on the snare.

The bass has a lot of high-midrange. It makes it sound a little tinny in the mix.

But overall, I thought this was really good.

Your not the first to comment regarding the snare, need to check out :07

I'll be passing these remarks along. Thanks for having a listen and commenting

Appreciate it !!!!!!

Back