Ezdrummer vs. Superior Drummer

I've used a whole bunch of drum stuff and recommend Superior Drummer.
I don't usually like to process within software - I like to send out clean sounds and work in my DAW.
So the fact that Superior Drummer has lots of internal processing is good, but not my reason to recommend it. The samples are just straight out so much better. I find that nomatter how good you are at mixing - EzDrummer will always sound like EzDrummer. It will never sound real. Whereas Superior Drummer has a lot more potential because the base sounds are so much better.
The basic rule:
Crap in = Crap out
Not to say EzDrummer is crap. I love it. It's great. BUT for the extra price, there's no doubt that Superior Drummer is a better purchase in my mind. Even if, like me, you're not going to use any of the software apart from the stock sounds.

Agreed. It's a little hard to get rid of that "sample" sound with EZD but it's still a lot better than the free stuff people seem to find and most loops I've heard.

I always cringe a little bit when I load up the brushes kit in the Nashville EZX...soooo compressed, but I've found it responds to the brushes MIDI that comes with the Nashville pack better than any of the other SDX kits that have brush samples and I'm not really looking to paint in a trainbeat :o

Back