Ezdrummer CRASHING Audition

helleeno

Hello fellas, that's me stuck again!
Major problem: I am completely unable to work with Audition 3.0 since I use Ezdrummer in it for every single purpose.

Here's the error message:

...well, I guess it will be posted righht in the end of the post.

My attempts on trying to solve the problem:

1) Repaired (not re-installed) Audition;
2) Repaired AND re-installed Ezdrummer. Second time I've done this, I've customized the installation by placing everything into Audition 3.0's "Vsti" plug-in folder. Even knowing that giving this monoply to Audition wasn't the best/right thing to do;
3) Disabled the MIDI track's sound output.

None of those worked.

Everytime it crashes it shows that message asking if I want to "Continue Now", "Delete", or "Continue Later", that session I've left prematurely. If I choose "Continue Now", no Vst is ever recognized, like there are really none installed. Should that be somewhat a clue?

I should be important to inform that I have had this problem in the past. As far as I can remember, I've fixed it by installing things correctly (toontrack folder into C:\ and ezdrummer.dll into Audition's Vsti folder), which apparently is not the present solution. This unfixingly bug came practically out the blue, since I've using and abusing this Vsti hosted by Audition for, say, around 2 months or so. Yesterday I was editing this drum map written by a MIDI controller, and after a few hours, when I opened that last sessions, bug started.

Thank you guys for reading my thread.
I'd be very thankful for any help, since I'm desperate here with tons of sessions depending on Ezdrummer to be continued.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Ezdrummer error msg.jpg
    Ezdrummer error msg.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 17
I have heard that Audition does not play nice with Ezdrummer. I have heard that running Ezd as rewire helps. But I have no idea what that means. Cubase works flawlessly with EZD. :)

Thank you jimmys69. I'm determined to try other hosts, and based on your reply, first one will be Cubase. It's just makes me sad that I'll have this major work transfering all my recorded material to the new host program.

Still, it would be extremely worth it if I could somehow fix this problem. I don't know but it seems to be a simple issue. Any idea?

I must repeat: this HAS happened in the past. Especifically on my first attempts on installing Ezdrummer and make it hosted by Audition.

And jimmys69, it surely makes sense, as Ezdrummer starts to get kind of lazy, numb, "confused" after some heavy using... Anyone with the same problem?

Thank you all.

By the way, I've heard that Protools X works on any soundboard, unlike its earlier versions...
So, should I cut off the middle guy (Cubase or whatever...) and change to the famous Protools straight ahead?

What did I say? I've heard about this version of Protools but it seems it doens't even exists (yet?).
Please ignore my last post.

Thank you.

Cubase surely would not be a stepping stone to Protools. Just a different program with a different layout. It does play perfectly well with vsti and midi. Reaper would be your best stepping stone to either. Or maybe even the one to end at. All I know is EZD works flawlessly with a few clicks in Cubase, as do all midi instruments. Give the Cubase 6 trial a run as well as Reaper. See what feels good to you.

Jimmy

And *that* is what I call a liberal approach to moderation in which important things get to be said. Well done, moderator.

jimmys69, once again, thank you!

Just before this very reply I was talking with a friend who uses protools about what would be the best choice for me, who is not financially able and capable of using protools. He's just mentioned this new thing called Reaper, saying it's extremely light, simple and friendly using. My fear is now, since it's a new tool, how it will behave about compatibility with Vst's. You get my point, right: Audition can already be considered a, say, "mature" editing tool, and still shows incompatibilities with such a necessary thing as a Vst plug-in.
I'm not thinking too much, I'm now trying Reaper, but still, if you guys feel like answering, I'd leave the question, and that is just beacause I DO depend on Ezdrummer to write my music: is Reaper THIS compatible with Vst's in general, or should I go straight to Cubase, which is as mature as Audition but had shown a lot more professional and reliable?

thank you. Trying Reaper Mode /engaged.

Back