EZ drummer

close

hi, I am having trouble with EZ Drummer files that will not fit to the bar. they will snap to the start of the bar but over lap at the end of the bar
When I change the conductor button on Transport, the files fit but change tempo to default 120bpm.
Any help greatfully received.

Are you refering to the actual sound-files....or the MIDI files that play the sound files?
How you are you using EZ?

I don't use PT, but I do use EZ/SD, and I've not seen anyting like that. I mean, I first choose the BPM I want, then I open EZ/SD and go pull up MIDI files. When I find basic grooves I like, they just drop on the timeline, always in time with the selected BMP.

Once I get all my sequencing done....I record the EZ/SD sound to actual audio tracks. Everything is always in time.

First of all I setup a click track on an AUX channel set the bpm on the Transport window. I then open an instrument channel; I then load EZ Drummer to that channel. Drag and drop the beats from EZ to the instrument channel. The files from EZ snap to the beginning of the bar but overlap into the next bar. This has only started to happen this week; all previous recordings have worked fine for years. I was thinking I may have changed a setting somewhere without knowing.

These are midi files, right?
Any midi file dropped into Pro Tools will conform to the tempo of the session, even if it changes during the midi region.

Is there any chance you're dropping 6/8 files into a 4/4 session?
Is your view set to min/seconds rather than beats? :facepalm: I've done that before.

No I am using 4/4 to 4/4. On the transport window there is a conductor button when highlighted the files fit to bar perfectly but it also changes the tempo back to 120bpm.

And thanks in advance to you guys for replying.

No I am using 4/4 to 4/4. On the transport window there is a conductor button when highlighted the files fit to bar perfectly but it also changes the tempo back to 120bpm.

If you do that then manually change the tempo back to what it should be, the midi should change to fit.
I don't know why it's not working in 'manual tempo mode'. I never use it, but it doesn't respond like that at my setup.

You're probably right; It'll be some stupid setting that Pro Tools changes when you blink/sneeze/look at it.

close said:
The files from EZ snap to the beginning of the bar but overlap into the next bar.

Maybe a screenshot will help to understand what is going on.

There are some EZD files that are more than one measure long.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have just noticed that when I try to change the sample rate in the playback engine I get an error message (Could not complete the playback engine command because assertion in "\PED\PED",LINE 245) at this point everything stops, I then have to shut down the session and restart to get it going again. I will try reinstalling PT maybe this will fix it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have just noticed that when I try to change the sample rate in the playback engine I get an error message (Could not complete the playback engine command because assertion in "\PED\PED",LINE 245) at this point everything stops, I then have to shut down the session and restart to get it going again. I will try reinstalling PT maybe this will fix it.

Have a google for info on trashing ProTools preferences. I'd do that first.

I reinstalled PT and it has done the trick. EZ Drummer is working great and playback engine is no longer crashing.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

John.

Back