Extreme computer dumbass

mx_mx

If i was to buy another computer solely for recording purposes (no internet or anything), how would i get Kristal and any drivers for interfaces etc onto it? I currently have a laptop that i use for everything else and i want to get a PC for recording.

Yup. Can you put drivers on a CD? Told you i was a computer dumbass. And what about Kristal, do i have to buy the license to be allowed to burn it?

You download the INSTALLATION FILE (usually something like install.exe or setup.exe) and put that on a CD-R/thumb drive/whatever and you bring that file over to the recording PC. You don't actually install the Software on your internet PC.

You then bring the install.exe file onto your laptop and install it.

Just make sure the desktop comes with an ethernet port. Then you can just use a crossover cable to connect to the laptop, move files around etc. Faster than burning CDs

Bulls Hit said:
Just make sure the desktop comes with an ethernet port. Then you can just use a crossover cable to connect to the laptop, move files around etc. Faster than burning CDs
Would this also work for my recorded songs on the PC? Could i get them to the laptop this way, and then i wouldnt need a burner on the pc?

Bulls Hit said:
Sure, move or copy wavs, mp3s, any files you like between the 2 machines
That's excellent. Thanks. That'll save me some money and open up a few more options

Another option if your internet PC and music PC aren't near each other, is to buy a USB Thumb Drive, 512MB should be plenty to shuffle some songs or software installation files back and forth.

Back