Extra 1/4" wallplate space

scuppari

My small basement studio has 18 xlr jacks, 4 headphone jacks and two 1/4" jacks. When I ordered the wallplates, I asked for a single gang plate for the 1/4" jacks but they gave me a double gang for the same price... I've got two extra 1/4" inputs.

Ideas: my thought for the first two 1/4" jacks was to wire them so I could run a line out of a guitar/bass cabinet and go directly into a DIGI001. That way I could get a stereo signal using both a mic on track 1 and direct-in for track 2.

What could I do with the extra 1/4" inputs?

I'd make them standard guitar lead cable so you can play guitar in the control room while you amp is in the studio and connected via wall plugs (no cables running under doors etc.) ;);)

cheers
JOhn

good idea.... but newbie wiring question here... how would I solder the connections on these four 1/4" jacks? Is there a wiring difference between my idea and John's idea?

scuppari said:
good idea.... but newbie wiring question here... how would I solder the connections on these four 1/4" jacks? Is there a wiring difference between my idea and John's idea?

There is no physical wiring different between your idea and John's idea, just logical or "use" differences and of course, directional flow of the music :)

Your idea was audio from booth to console room, and John's idea was audio from console room to booth.

Since they would be wired the same way, you can use it for anything :)

I read somewhere (sorry can't remember where) that someone makes a special cable for long distance guitar leads that has a circuit built in that maintains the guitar highs over a long cable. Anyone know a link to this product??

cheers
John

John Sayers said:
I read somewhere (sorry can't remember where) that someone makes a special cable for long distance guitar leads that has a circuit built in that maintains the guitar highs over a long cable. Anyone know a link to this product??

cheers
John

Monster, Canaire and Horizon have cable suitable for this... or are you looking for a pre-made guitar cable?

Back