External effects in Cubase

lomky

I'm running Cubase SL and I want to get into using some external effects units after the tracks are recorded, such as Comps and reverb units. How do I hook this into the signal chain? I'm using a Delta 1010 and A&H Mixwizard. In the big studio we would use a send out of whatever channel and patch in the effects and return to a channel input (at least this is how I remember doing it), but we are using Nuendo w/ a tascam interface.

In my situation at home would I: run an output from my 1010 into a channel on my mixer, send an aux and route the aux to an input on let's say a comp? Then I guess I would run the comp output to another channel on my mixer direct output from that channel to an input on the 1010. Would this introduce latency? I know I can experiment, but I just want a starting point.

Thanks all

I know that SX has the external effects routing, but I couldn't justify the cost for just that function at the time.

I read through the link and it looks like the only way to really do it is to manually move the effected track to compensate for the latency, or am I missing something?

Back