Exporting wav files of Redrum tracks in Reason 2.0

Razor1548

Hello people,

This does not seem the perfect place for this question, but I can't see where else it would fit in. :confused:

And I am a newbie (read 'crap' ;) ) at recording, so hopefully it won't annoy anyone too much that I have asked the question in here.

I am getting along fairly nicely using Redrum to put together my drum tracks, that I then want to export for use in other software.

Most of my tracks are a little over 2 minutes long at the moment. When I export the file is generally 51 megs (at 24 bit) and when I import it (using N-track 3.3 for this), the wav file is present with a massive empty bit at the end. I am then able to trim it down and save it at about 20 to 30 megs before re-importing, but it seems crazy that I should have to.

Is there something I can do in Reason to stop it exporting this piece of 'phantom' empty wav on the end of what I need?

Thanks,

Mark :)

Sorry people... I am a fool. I just found the 'End' marker on the track window. :o

I have missed that for over two weeks. I was busy reading all the help files on the Redrum bit, and was assuming the overall software operation would be obvious. It was... but I still managed to miss it.

I'll get my coat. :)

Back