Exporting Loops?

A1A2

Can Sonar 2 export loops? For example, in ACID, I could just set the loop region and export that measure only. Can that be done in Sonar2 as well?

Al

Yes, Sonar can export loops.

I always thought it could, and perhaps even used it once or twice. But it took a couple of tries before I found out how-to.

1. In sonar find the audio clip you want to make into a loop. Cut it out in the lenght you like etc.

2. Double click on the audio clip.

3. Now you have the loop editor.

4. If you haven't made it loop already (using right mouse button), then do it now pressing the button no. 2 from left in the upper left corner.

5. Did you notice what button no. 1 in that upper left corner was? YES, it is the save button. Press it and save your loop.

Now, you can use it just as any other loop on your disk.

tombuur said:
Yes, Sonar can export loops.

I always thought it could, and perhaps even used it once or twice. But it took a couple of tries before I found out how-to.

1. In sonar find the audio clip you want to make into a loop. Cut it out in the lenght you like etc.

2. Double click on the audio clip.

3. Now you have the loop editor.

4. If you haven't made it loop already (using right mouse button), then do it now pressing the button no. 2 from left in the upper left corner.

5. Did you notice what button no. 1 in that upper left corner was? YES, it is the save button. Press it and save your loop.

Now, you can use it just as any other loop on your disk.

You know, I was just doing what you said by going thru the help files, and it actually works, but the problem is, it exports one track at a time, but I actually need to export a loop that's consisted of, say, 4-5 tracks. You know, just like rendering the whole mix, but I need it to render one measure at a time.

Thanks for the help nonetheless

Al

Well, then mix it all down to one track. Just insert a new track and record all the other tracks to it with whatever volumes, effects etc. you want.

Once you have a single track, you can slice it up measure by measure and turn them into loops.

Then you export the mix as you would usually, but select the tracks and meassures you want to export.

thanks alot, guys! Why didn't I think of that, duh...Although it's a bit of hassle, but I'm just glad it can be done.

have a good day

Al

No it is not a hassle. I just did it in a few seconds with this computer using Audigy. You route all output to the same port. Then choose that for input for the new track. Arm for recording and go. You don't even have to play the whole song, if you just want a few bars somewhere. Then start recording from there.

Moskus, the omnipresent Moskus ...

Talking about loops, are you aware of any program that will do batch processing converting ordinary wav to loops. I have ordinary wavs recorded at fixed BPM, but need to loop them. They come in folders with 110 BPM, 95 BPM and so on. But here we are talking hard work, if you have to open every single wav in Sonar, tell Sonar the BPM, turn it into a loop and finally export.

tombuur said:
No it is not a hassle. I just did it in a few seconds with this computer using Audigy. You route all output to the same port. Then choose that for input for the new track. Arm for recording and go. You don't even have to play the whole song, if you just want a few bars somewhere. Then start recording from there.

Not that I was complaining, but I guess I've been a little spoiled by ACID, where I set the loop region, solo the tracks I want in the loop, and export; so that saves a step, bouncing. Again, I'm not complaining:)

Al

Why don't you just

- Select the tracks you want
- Go File-Export and dump them to a .WAV file.

Then when you import the file back in, right-mouse click on it to enable groove clip looping and you're done.

Q.

The reason I wouldn't do it that way is that then I can't audition the loops. When saved as a loop you can test how it will sound in your current project with tempo adjusted etc. In particular, when we are talking drum loops, you can test if it sounds good. With unlooped wavs you can't quickly test one after the other.

Back