exporting from 880-ex to 1824cd

woodeagle

Last night I pulled out my old 880-ex (man I had a lot of fun with that thing!), to see what was still "in there." Found a song I had completely forgotten about! So, I wanted to get it into my 1824 for editing.

In the past I exported 880-ex songs to 250 mb zip discs, so I could import 'em to my 1824 cd. I was preparing to do this when I realized I had hooked up the wrong wall wart to the zip drive. Too late! After a little "dink" sound, I could smell that the fryin' had begun. It was quick - I don't think the zip suffered much.

So here's my question: Is there any way to import directly from the 880 ex into the 1824? Could'nt find any other solution in the Roland manuals. Anybody else been in this situation?

By the way, thinking about selling the 880 EX(once I get everything archived) if anyone interested.

It's been a long time since I used my old 880 and I never had one of the bigger models, but can't you hook the machines together via the sp/dif connectors and export that way?

880 to 1824

Yeah, I thought about that too (actually had them hooked together and ready to go), then for some reason I read the manual. Good thing. Something about damage to one or both of the units. End of that idea.

If u send me the files i can turn them into Roland VS-1824 files using my Roland VS-2000. Not sure if u are interested in that or not but that to is an option.

Nicole

Oh yeah i just thought of something. If you can you should be able to back up everything to a CD by using a compatible SCSI cd drive. That should then be accessible by the VS-1824. Check your manual to see if it can read other VS recorder information(im pretty sure u should be able to).

I thought you could only export a final mix to CD using the 880ex?

And people want WAY too freaking much for those CDR's on ebay. It's insane.

Back