Export Audio Sample Rate

SBax

When recording, I use 44.1 kHz and 24 bit and to mixdown and export a song for burning I dither to 16 bit wav file. Works fine. Now if I were to record at 48 kHz would I end up 48 kHz wav file after export? If so, that means Sonar doesn't have a sample rate conversion feature? Is this true?

The best way to answer that question is to run a short little test case. I'm not in my studio this weekend to I can't.

But I think no matter what your sample rate is you will always have the option to export at any given sample rate 44, 22khz...
and at given bit width 24, 20 , 16. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to burn a CD. CD's are 22khz and 16 bit. I would bet that you can always convert to that.

Nemal

I just ran into this problem...and the answer is no, you can't convert the sample rate in sonar. You can change the bit rate from 24 to 16 by using the tools/change format to dither down. I had recorded several songs with 24bit and 48 sample rate... I had to redo them. I know there are other programs that will convert the sample rate, but Sonar won't do it as far as I could find. I'm looking for a wave editor, thats easy to use and works well... maybe SoundForge. Good luck

Back