Explain the difference between.....

notbradsohner

Compression Addict
Something like an Emu Proteus X and an Emu Emulator X. Or are they just different types of the same thing. From what I can gather, the Proteus is simply a sound bank. Is the emulator any different? I am trying to set up a midi system. Really I just want to add a .wav file to some of my songs.

I'm pretty sure that the Emulator software has some powerful sampling capabilities added, which is consistent with the differences when E-Mu was making hardware keyboard and rack units.

Emulator X is a sampler. Proteus X is a ROMpler, which is basically a sample based synthesizer. The major difference between the two is that Emulator allows you to load your own samples and mess with them while Proteus doesn't.

You have to better define by what you mean when you say "I just want to use and tweak VSTi instruments." You question is sort of like asking "What's the difference between hair and a hat? I just wanna have something on my head."

noisewreck said:
"Your question is sort of like asking "What's the difference between hair and a hat? I just wanna have something on my head."

What a fascinating notion. I've never heard that before.

from what i have gathered on emulator x its sampler is nothing special and most of everything you can do in it you can do in any sample editor such as soundforge, audacity or cool edit

Back