Experimental folk song, please critique

folker

Hi all, i´ve been trying to mix this experimental acoustic song for months literally, having hard time to get it sound right on my headphones.
I´ll be happy to hear some advice from you, as i´m sure i missed something having no proper monitoring. Aiming for natural sound.
What you think of frequency range ? Boomy ? Thin ? What about panning ? Both instruments panned hard (seems to improve clarity) but does it seems ok to you ?
Thanks in advance.

dl.dropbox.com/u/42715432/06%20idol%20drzewjanny.wav

(still not allowed to post links so please add http and // and : in front)

Very good recording - clean and clear and interesting instrumentals. Nice folk song. The vocals have a bit more reverb than the instruments ? That is the only thing I noticed on my headphones. The panning is working well. Overall it's a good recording!

Thanks ido1957, glad to hear it works. Seems i realy learned something already :-) Hours of reading through homerecording.com shows. Yes, vocals are processed more than instruments, apart from reverb there´s bit of delay aswell. Still not too confident about my voice, so i always try to improve it by processing... anyway, in the past my vocals were drowning in verbs literally, so this is pretty decent amount to me.
I´m really happy to hear you see it as nice and clean, all gear used was pretty "ultra low end".
However, i would like to know how it translates to studio monitors in treated room. Don´t you have any ?
Any other´s thoughts ?

Back