Excited and lost

Flash

hey guys, just got my Mackie 1604-vlz Pro mixer and the Delta 1010. Right now I'm just tring to hook up music coming from the CD on the computer. Normally I go from the 1 & 2 outs on the Delta 1010 to my Hafler TA 1600 for sound. So I went 1 & 2 out to channel 1 & 2 on the Mackie. Then I have tried CR out and also the main outs on the MAckie and can't hear a thing. I know I may be excited here but, something should work. Maybe a learning curve???? This shoulldn't be that hard. Any help.......Thanks

Going to the line ins? Faders up? Mutes off? Do you show a signal on the Master Fader LEDs?

Do you have something plugged into the channel inserts? If so, and if it isn't properly passing sound between the tip and ring, you won't get any output even if your input is working correctly.

Also, if you're doing mic level in (it doesn't sound like you are, but...) make sure your trims aren't all the way down.

Make sure you are set to monitor the program bus and not the aux bus. There's a push-button, at least on my non-VLZ version of that mixer. If you monitor the aux bus, you'll only hear the output of channels that are muted.

Ditto for making sure you aren't only monitoring an effects return, assuming such a thing is possible. (I've never played with the effects returns, so I'm not sure.)

Finally, make sure 'main output mute' is not pushed in.

I guess I just had everything set way to low. Once I moved the fades up to U and turned the trims up some more I could start to hear music. Also, the CTL Room/Phones knob was down way to far. I guess this is not like my old mixer. Just gotta get use to it I guess. Thanks..............

Back