Evolutionary Reversal (Optional..)

Hey,
i liked the riffs. The guitars etc. sound good to me for this kind of music. I'm not crazy about the drum sound though. The upper highs are a bit too much and harsh at times too imo, most noticeably on the cymbals and the chimes-kinda-sound at the end.

Hey,
i liked the riffs. The guitars etc. sound good to me for this kind of music. I'm not crazy about the drum sound though. The upper highs are a bit too much and harsh at times too imo, most noticeably on the cymbals and the chimes-kinda-sound at the end.

cool song, same from me, maybe a little harshness in highs on the snare and cymbals at times.

Sounding pretty good so far.

I thought the cymbals were a bit harsh sounding and hissy. Kick and snare sound good. Maybe dry up the snare just a bit.

I'd dry up the lead guitar too. It's also a bit harsh sounding (tho less than the cymbals).

The kick is dominating the bass in the low end.

Could be a cool song.

Sweet! New queepy!

+1 on the cymbals being too "sparkly"

I'm also hearing some kind of horizontal clipping or something on some of the drum hits (e.g. the snare rolls at 0:27 and 2:15). Is that a transient controller gone wrong or something?

You've got some pretty cool guitar tone going on. I'm a big fan of the twinned leads.

Cool arrangement. As everyone is saying, the cymbals are over the top and the upper mids generally are harsh. When I turn up the volume, it gets hard to listen too. You've got some crazy spikes on that waveform that you should investigate. You may be clipping here and there. I'm hearing lots of kick and not much bass.

The organ/cymbals seem like they might have a little too much high-end. Cool tune but I think it's kind of crying out for a vocal. That's not a mix comment though of course! Good balance on instruments I think, really like the crying guitars round 2:00.

Dig it but on headphones it almost made my ears bleed with the high end sizzle.

Can't hear the bass much but the kick comes through loud and clear.

Anyhoo it's got some potential. I realize it's a work in progress.
:D

Thanks for the listens and feedback! Sounds like general thought was cymbals where very sizzling, and bass guitar getting lost with the kick...Im using drum loops, so don't have much control over individual drum sound...I have however, completely replaced the drum track with a different loop set...this new mix is using Simon Phillips drum loops as opposed to the original mix , which was betamonkee...to me, they sound a little more "real" , less harsh...

new mix:
https://soundcloud.com/bassettallenstudio/evolutionary-reversal

Back