Everyone hates christmas songs

Agree with MJ on the pitch issues. Nice voice, just need to correct those smallish issues. Also, couple of areas the bass was on the edge of rumble, could have issues on some systems with exaggerated bass. Let reduction below 100 would probably avoid that.

I thought over all a really good recording. Just a couple of minor tweaks.

Agree with MJ on the pitch issues. Nice voice, just need to correct those smallish issues. Also, couple of areas the bass was on the edge of rumble, could have issues on some systems with exaggerated bass. Let reduction below 100 would probably avoid that.

I thought over all a really good recording. Just a couple of minor tweaks.

Yeah i've got to figure out how my environment is responding to low frequencies i think i heard them a little loud but thought it was caused by the room. i'll check that bass line too

I like the sound of this recording. On the bright side, but not unpleasantly so. Good ambiance. The bass didn't bother me at all and blended well with the drums. The singer sounds good. The pitch problem seems to happen when she has to drop down low in her range.

Recording is very nice. The vocalist is great but it sounds like a first take. Was that live? I bet 3rd or 4th time she'd nail it

As most noted yes its a first take but it is a live recording that i didn't record i only got to mix it. The vocals bleed too much in the instruments. Fixing the pitch issues only make it feels like some wrong pitched backvocals. I wouldn't try correcting them on the instruments too since it would affect the tune of the instruments too much..

Lets just say live recordings have their share of mistakes and it just makes their beauty? :D

Here is a sample to show what happens when trying to correct the pitch on the main vocals

View attachment FunnyValentines Sleigh Ride Pitchshift Sample.mp3

Maybe you are applying too much. Try not doing 100%, but nudging it towards center. What are you using?

Maybe you are applying too much. Try not doing 100%, but nudging it towards center. What are you using?

Im using built-in Variaudio in Cubase 7.5 but really the instruments are getting crasy amount of vocals at certain parts, i can send the instruments alone to show you how much vocals there is in there, it would be really hard to mask that while trying to finetune the pitch of the mainvocals without both playing agaisnt eachother... I'll send a sample when i get back home

On the backing tracks, can you quickly duck the frequencies where her vocals are most present during the moments when you are tuning her voice on the main vocal track?

I don't know if this would work but if you flip the phase on the vocal track, pull the level back and then play it with the instrument track, does that reduce the vocal level in the instrument track?

Here is the track instruments alone with respective FXs all vocals are muted all you hear is the bleed in the instruments. It would be very hard to duck the frequencies since all i have is a whole piano and some OH to play with (The bass and kick both have no bleed at all). I could try to play around with phases but im pretty sure that will end up being just as destructive to the instruments as ducking the frequencies would be...

View attachment FunnyValentines_SleighRide_FullInstruments Vocal Bleed Example.mp3

Back