event resizing problems.....pissing me off

BRIEFCASEMANX

Winner chicken dinner!
Okay, so sometimes I'll try to manually resize events, and the snap function off and I can't get it to resize to the place I want it to. I am trying to trim the edges of the event, and it arbitrarily picks some spot, maybe a zero point crossing or something, and won't let me trim it to the exact place I want. It never used to do this.

Let me give an example. I select a group of drum tracks, then with the scissor tool I cut the selected tracks, but the cuts don't line up vertically. All of the cuts are in different spots on each track, then if I try to resize the events and make all the cuts line up, sometimes it won't let me.

This is pissing me off, I can't edit things accurately!!!!!! I couldn't find a setting, or anything in the manual for this. wtf?

nevermind, i found it. I don't see how I missed the "snap to zero point crossing" option when this first started happening, I guess I need to pay better attention.

this seems like a weird thing that happens in C4 that didn't in sx3. not just that particular issue, but that sometimes random settings get changed for no apparent reason.....

the thing that happens to me all the time is that the "event follow resizing" option gets selected all the time even though i literally never ever use or select that option....

Back