ESP LTD MH-1000 vs MH-400NT

omonoiatis9

So i'm about to buy one of those 2 guitars, since i'm sick of my $200 guitar.
Here are the questions:
1. Which one is best? I'm aiming for metal/metalcore
2. Which pickup combo fits best, for the style i mentioned? EMG 81 (bridge) + EMG 85 (neck), or Seymour duncans, JB and 59'? Why?
3. How important is a string-thru-body setup, for the music style i play? Is it much better than a normal string setup?

Thanks for taking time to help me out :)

aren't emgs like the stereotypical metal pickups?
you could try going to music stores and trying said guitars to see what sounds you actually like, cause its about your ears not our opinions.

buy one at a music store

dude i ordered the esp ltd dj600, i tried out a friends and loved it, and it just looks bad ass its a cliche, but it was on backorder for 4 months and then i had a financial crises and still havent' got a new guitar, though i love my current... never had a problem buyin amps or cables or monitors or anything else online, just guitars

I know, I agree. That's the first thing i'll do when I get to the shop. Try out some guitars with several different pickups and see what I like. But i would also like to hear from the experiences that others had with these. I'm doing a research on pickups while waiting for tomorrow when i'll be able to get to the shop.

Back