Escape 'til Sunrise (Soundtrack Medley)

I really like the music and the arrangement, the shifts are smooth and interesting. It has some great rock riffs, but your electric guitar isn't convincing. It sounds synthetic, and doesn't do your songwriting justice. It would be nice to hear what the melody would sound like too.

I think you've done a good job there and it's got a nice chilled vibe. I quite like the guitar sounds, particularly the slightly kooky wah wah hook panned hard right. I know Koubee means about the other guitar sounding a touch synthetic bit didn't bother me much and it depends what sound you're aiming for.

Mark

Thank you for the replies. I'm glad to say that we are on the same page. I readily agree and feel the same about what each of you have contributed. The confirmation is good. I should have mentioned this was intended merely as sketch; an idea of what could be done with a REAL band. I have been using VI plugins just to get ideas across. Just trying to put a demo together that might incline some players to say: "Yeah, let's work on that for real."
In response to Koubee, my nickname for the track is the Wacky Wacky Wah song. lol It just seemed to fit right in the mix. I definitely would like to replace those parts with some fat and true leads as well as replace the other parts with authentic and smooth sounding guitar. Highly valued feedback coming this way. More melodies to be added. Thanks again, Mike

Last edited:
Your electric guitar isn't convincing. It sounds synthetic, and doesn't do your songwriting justice.

This is the best feedback I could receive. Thank you. It's so true with all the ideas I have to record.
Thanks to this reply I've regained my focus on what I should be doing. Recording some authentic performances with real amplified and miced up guitar. Even just stand alone guitar.
I feel that that alone would have more feeling than this whole demo put together. Cheers!

Last edited:
Gorgeous Rhodes keyboard washes.- definitely the strongest part of the song The sax solo needs way more power around 2:00. The wah guitar fills are played well, but could use some wettening (delay perhaps). This track demands a vocal.

Back