Error messege on PT close, To do with hard drive I think! HELP!!!

fishkarma

Basically i switched off my 002 desk with the drive daisy cahined off it so the drive did'nt get ejected properly. normally when this happens al i have to do is open workspace and change the drive to record again ( in fact i had to do this this time too) any way on closing Pro tools I get the error messege:

Could not complete your request because Neo Assertion in "/Volumes/Development?vb_cliff/AlturaPorts/SDKs/Neo61/libraries/Macintosh?Enviroments/Alone/../../../../Source/CNeoInode", line 1242

and then pro tools tries to save the session which it cant do and takes forever to shut down meaning i have to force quit PT

I know this error is to do with my hard drive as I have tested it with my mates HD and PT shuts down fine and runs fine.
the only other thing that may prove a roblem was we were trying to change the clock scource to run a digital pre (S/pdif) though I doubt it has any thing to do with this...

How can I repair the drive? I have several Apps I don't know how to run for maintenence (Tech Tool Pro, Ice Clean which i ran all maintenence scripst on and OnyX) can I repair this and how? thanks in advance to all those more knowlageable then myself kind enough to volenteer info

-FK

Yup worked like a charm, great little app cheers!

P.s tried give rep to all that helped but since most of ye helped me out before it just says I have to spread it around before giving ye more, so some got it others didn't apoligies if it matters to you...

Yup worked like a charm, great little app cheers!

P.s tried give rep to all that helped but since most of ye helped me out before it just says I have to spread it around before giving ye more, so some got it others didn't apoligies if it matters to you...

Yeh it's a great app. Real time saver.

And don't worry about rep points - no one else does ;)

Back