Error Message exporting WAV files

Posrole

Hello,
I own a BOSS BR 1180-CD Digital Recorder.

Is there a way to "batch send" a selection of tracks/song (WAV files) to CD-R disc?

Currently, I can send one at a time, because after one WAV file is written, the system shows an "error message" and will not send another WAV file without inserting a new disc.

My intention is to "fill up" each CD with WAV files to then transfer onto computer.

Otherwise, is the only answer that I have to use CD-R/RW discs?
Thanks.

Best read the manual around page 102 through 105 - http://lib.roland.co.jp/manual/en/dl_04-00301/BR-1180_e5.pdf

You likely be happiest using 'disc-at-once' burn mode: select all the tracks for the CD first, then burn, then finalize if need be.
Else you could burn track-at-once one track at a time but don't finalize in between tracks. If you burn just one track and then finalize the disc, you can't then add more tracks. I guess once you choose the right burn options for your needs you'll be fine.

robdean:
The solution you suggest is perfect for "writing" a song/track to a CD, however, my need is to "export" WAV files only, as distinct from "writing" songs/tracks to CDs.

My goal is to "move" WAV files to my computer to clear space on the internal Harddrive of the BR 1180.

If it has SD Flash capabilities, I'd buy a handful, even if it ended up one per song (I haven't seen much more than 2GB cards, but at about $8 a pop, it's cheap). Or use a USB Flash Drive. It'll cost a little (maybe $90), but with a 32GB drive I'm sure there's room for lots of songs.

Well, he did say he wanted to send a selection of .wav files to his computer. Hmm, I only have the Zoom HD16, so my Boss-speak is weak at best. Unless you mix them on your desktop with something else. Everything you buy these days gives away either Cubase or Ableton Live, so it shouldn't cost anything to have the Boss as your recording hardware and your desktop as your mixing and burning station. I do that with my Zoom, and so far (knock wood) I've had no troubles. And, this is also likely the same with the Boss, the teeny weeny display screen (smaller than my cell phone, and less resolution) makes editing a PITA. So you should do all your editing on a computer anyway. Even if you have to use the free Audacity editor. But another idea is a USB to USB cable. I do that with my Zoom, and it's recognized as a mass storage device on my computer. Easy to open and get to the files that way, too.

Apologies - my mistake. To export audio files to discs formatted for data rather than as audio cd you'll need p118 of the manual. Unless that's what's failing when you try it! It does say to select several tracks, then burn, so I guess it finalizes the disc after burning - which would be why you can't burn one track then go back and burn another on the same disc... in other words it uses disc-at-once mode for that function, there appears to be no track-at-once option.

Back