erichenryus's vocal booth is up

thanks john. my lonely struggle is complete!

the total cost of materials (not including the aurlaex :( ) was about 300 bucks and a lot of that went for all the damn caulk!

I see the monitor inside the booth...do you have the system rigged so that you can control the computer from inside the vocal booth?

I've given some thought to doing that. My girlfriend is learning the process, and has been doing some of the tracking while I'm singing in my vocal booth...but it's difficult for me to do when she's not around (running back and forth after each take).

Anyway, I'm curious to see what the setup is. :)

no i'm not a standard "teacher"

i was thinking some place like home depot might sell pre built frames..of course more expensive then buying just the materials not built..but i guess not...looking for shortcuts :D

turnip, i have a dual head card in my computer so i put a second monitor in the booth. i have a wireless mouse so i just bring the mouse in the booth when i'm recording. it's a very handy setup. i'd go crazy running in and out so i made sure to have a second monitor in the booth. saves quite a bit of time in the end.

teacher, you know what? building the frame was the easiest part of the project. just nailing boards together. plus i don't know if i'd have been able to fit the fully framed walls down the stairs. next time i'm just gonna spec it out and have someone else do the whole thing for me. can't be more than a couple days work for someone with all the right tools and experience.

Back