Eric Clapton: 2nd best guitarist in Dublin OH

foo said:
Of course, the homemade banjo/guitar thingy.

You know. that thing has been down for a few months now. I routed it so that the trem functions and never finished putting it back together. the piezo part works, but I never put the electric guitar stuff back in it.

You've inspired me. I'm gonna put it together and stand out on the road to EC's house and challenge him to a crossroads-esque head-cutting contest. Maybe I'll pretend to be homeless and make a "Will juke for horse" sign.

cephus said:
You know. that thing has been down for a few months now. I routed it so that the trem functions and never finished putting it back together. the piezo part works, but I never put the electric guitar stuff back in it.

You've inspired me. I'm gonna put it together and stand out on the road to EC's house and challenge him to a crossroads-esque head-cutting contest. Maybe I'll pretend to be homeless and make a "Will juke for horse" sign.

Sounds like a Pay Per View opportunity to me . . .

Ralph Maccio can be the referee.
;)

crazydoc said:
Sorry, that was sarcasm.

Whatever Clapton's current abilities, he was seminal in the development of rock, on a level with Hendrix and the Beatles.

You may have had to live it to appreciate it.

I missed it.

But when he showed up in Mayall's band, it was like Hendrix opening for the Beach Boys - major shock waves.

Never heard anything like it before - only Keith Richard playing Jimmy Reed's licks on Rolling Stones #1 and #2

. . . and then Peter Green showed up . . .

Oh my God, listen to this guy play!

Cephus, he doesnt live here anymore. There is house in his name on riverside drive, but he bought it for his wife, who lived there a few years ago. Now he rents it to somebody, but his name is still on the title. I think.

But, he does come into town every so often. I got him to come to our school last year. Nice guy. Brought the guitar, I got to sit with three other kids for around an hour with him. It was for a journalism class, he was my personality profile. My interview consisted of two questions, then we listened to him play and he showed us some stuff.

notbradsohner said:
Cephus, he doesnt live here anymore. There is house in his name on riverside drive, but he bought it for his wife, who lived there a few years ago. Now he rents it to somebody, but his name is still on the title. I think.

But, he does come into town every so often. I got him to come to our school last year. Nice guy. Brought the guitar, I got to sit with three other kids for around an hour with him. It was for a journalism class, he was my personality profile. My interview consisted of two questions, then we listened to him play and he showed us some stuff.
Maybe if you're lucky you can step it up a notch and have Cephus show up this year. You'd be locked into an A+!

Back