equipment cases

ffmada

I was wondering if anybody knows where I might find some cases for my shiny new equipment. :) I have tried all of the places I can think of, yet still have not come across any. I really need one for my Akai DPS16, because I have to carry it to my drummer's house to record his drums. Help me please;)

madfadder

Don
I don't really care what type of case it is, as long as the DPS16 in secure inside away from the bad things;) The dimesions are as follows:

20" wide x 13 3/4" deep x 4 3/4" tall

thanks for any help
madfadder

ffmada,

My blemished DPS turned out to be bunk so I ordered a new one ($1850, didn't do as well as you and Buck62). Probably won't be here for about another week. I already have plans to make a carrying case out of a suitcase. I'm gonna pack it with some high density foam all around it to keep it from moving, then a little lower density foam to hold it snug without too much pressure on the components. Then I'll cover that with some kind of nice heavy cloth. If you don't come up with a solution soon, I'll let you know the details of how it actually turns out and the materials that I use.

hot damn

lazyboy
Definatly let me know how it turns out because the only company I have found (Grundorf)that will make me one will also charge a lot.:) That's how it goes, I guess;)

madfadder

Yeah measure the akai, go to a thrift store, get a suitcase, and get a foam mattress pad from kmart and go to town.

-Jett Rocker

Theres tons of anvil and anvil type stuff on eBay everyday going for a fraction of what it cost new. I bought a piano case that would have cost over $400.00 new for $80.00 to carry my cymbal stands in. Lost of companys buy flight cases for shows or conventions use the stuff once and then get rid of it. Its worth a look.

Howdy!

I would definately consider what my anticipated use of a case is, 'cause you never know when you will have to trust it under a plane.

I personally looked into some industrial sites and found that the company Pelican has some crushproof, waterproof, dustproof (even with a pressure release valve) cases but they are around $300 (and up!). They do have one I was looking at,with wheels and an extendable handle that will hold the DPS and your burner and your cables and your mics and you can cut the included foam to your own specs.

Again, it depends on where you see yourself going. Of course, a good case is like car insurance...you hope you never need it, but one time when it works well is well worth it!

Another place called Star quoted me on a custom built job for around $350. I am now considering having them or someone build me a deal with a hinged back so I will never have to take it out of the case.

D out ITNOJ

Just beware that whatever you're going to put in the case doesn't need to be ventilated. If it is some sort of digital recorder, odds are it will need sufficient ventilation on its underside. Thats why they usually tell you to place the unit on a hard surface, otherwise you may be looking at disk failures. Just a word of caution.

Back