Equation microphones

boogle

Does any one know about equation microphones, what is their reputation like, any one have hands on use with them?

Thanks

Equation

The Equation Mic company is pretty new and currently offers the most bang for the buck of any company going.
What makes them different is that they are only built offshore. Most companies are simply relabeling mics that are both built and DESIGNED offshore. These are designed by really good mic people and they sound like it. Their new model the F-20 which I just acquired simply blows away everything else I have heard under 1500 bucks. Their QC seems to be right up there as well.
Their headsets are just as good for the money. I use the RP21 for cross checking mixes. Smooth is the way I would tend to describe the mics and the headsets. Or maybe accurate is a better word.

...can't speak for the mics, but I was in the market for a good pair of headphones that I could use for mixing, so they had to have flat response and be comfortable to wear over long stretches of time...I did quite a bit of research and the Equation headsets were very well liked, especially at a moderate pricepoint...in the end, I chose another product (not sure I made the best choice) but I would definately consider them next time around...

review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/equation-audio-eartools-review-233707/

The Equation Mic company is pretty new and currently offers the most bang for the buck of any company going.
What makes them different is that they are only built offshore. Most companies are simply relabeling mics that are both built and DESIGNED offshore. These are designed by really good mic people and they sound like it. Their new model the F-20 which I just acquired simply blows away everything else I have heard under 1500 bucks. Their QC seems to be right up there as well.
Their headsets are just as good for the money. I use the RP21 for cross checking mixes. Smooth is the way I would tend to describe the mics and the headsets. Or maybe accurate is a better word.

What a load of brainwashed, bullshit spam...................... sorry, but there's no other way to interpret that post :rolleyes:

:cool:

I'm sorry, but I don't equate how this comes off as "spam" vs. "testimonial". It sounds more like a review than anything else. Maybe you guys are just being overly zealous. This guy obviously actually owns the product. Doesn't sound to me like he's on the payroll. If this were on MF as a review I would probably take it fairly seriously.

I think some people are jumping the gun a bit.

I'm sorry, but I don't equate how this comes off as "spam" vs. "testimonial". It sounds more like a review than anything else. Maybe you guys are just being overly zealous. This guy obviously actually owns the product. Doesn't sound to me like he's on the payroll. If this were on MF as a review I would probably take it fairly seriously.

I think some people are jumping the gun a bit.
I think the fact that he's JUST joined, and that's his only post makes it pretty spammy...

I think the fact that he's JUST joined, and that's his only post makes it pretty spammy...

It does seem a little spammy, especially considering this is his first post. Maybe the dude is just excited. I know how I get with new mics...

Either way, I've also heard good things about Equation mics. Apparently a couple of big names (I think someone mentioned the Moody Blues, among others) are using them with good results. They seem cool. I would like a little more info on some of the mics than what they publish on their website. I even phoned up a shop who stocked them and they couldn't give me any more info. A frequency graph alone will not get me to buy a mic.

Well, somewhat in the dude's defense, his location checks out, and Equation is in Nashville. Doesn't mean they aren't related, but at least he is honest in that respect.

I dunno about the bang for the buck award, though :D

Oh, and in the designed domestically/produced overseas category, you'd also have Studio Projects, sE, and Karma as well . . . maybe others. Doesn't CAD do overseas manufacturing? Blue would qualify too . . .

Not to throw further snowballs, but I think the oddest thing about Jameal's post is not just that it's a first post. It's that he (she?) is replying to a post nearly 2 years old.

Whenever someone new does that on a discussion group (and the message is purely to boast about a company's product), I suspect that said company has hired an Internet marketing shill to search Google for any mention of their product, and fan the flames accordingly.

Maybe they are good mics. But I'd suggest the length of this whole discussion is what an Internet "relationship" marketer would consider a success. Let me be clear what I'm saying: The post is almost 2 years old. Until Jameal's reply, nobody here currently had any interest in talking about Equation mics. It is only Jameal who wants us to talk about them. And guess what - it worked.

Perhaps we should stop posting in this thread.

Aj

Good point. Maybe I should start spamming my own services in a clever distraction from this subject.

Did I mention I have great prices on some capsules. K47 style and CK12 style.

I do mods.:D

Don't talk to me.:mad:

Back