EQ Octaves?

jimmychalk

Hey I was messing around w/ my eq's just listening to noise and after experimenting I realized that if you double a frequency, you reach it's pitch's octave. For example, if you boost alot at 250, then 500, then 1000, then 2000, each time you will hear the same note, just in different octaves. Can anyone explain why this happens?

i may be totally sloshed, but...

i don't think you can explain it any clearer blue bear...

that's ok, i hear there is a serious dip in IQ (or is that EQ?) once you get south of the border...i mean, i hear they don't even appreciate gowan down there...wtf?

ok, just kidding guys, some of my good friends are americans....there's absolutely nothing wrong with it...really :)

Hey I was up in Vancover - cool place. Haven't made it to Ottowa yet though sounds fun too, eh.

I think jimmychalk is discovering how fundamentals and harmonics support each other. Pretty cool stuff ! :cool:

Elemental Audio has an EQ called Eqium with some presets that allow for fundamental, odd harmonic, even harmonic, both, etc. boosts. Of couse you can do this with a parametric EQ yourself now that you are discovering the formula. :)

Glad to make some new Canadian friends !!! Cheers

Back