EPS 16+ w/ EMU MP-7

miccontrol

Hey all,

My buddy copped an mp-7 of this crackhead for 80 bucks and since he doesnt do music (only rhymes) its comin' my way. Anyway, my questions are I want to hook up the mp-7 to my eps 16+.
Can I control one from the other or vice-versa?
Do i just need midi connections?
What would be the best set-up with this combo?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and peace~
B

Wow - EPS16 was definitely a classic back in the day.

Has an 8 track sequencer, right?

The MP7 I'm a bit more familiar with. Also has onboard sequencing.

This scenario becomes really easy, as you'll probably want to control the MP7 using the EPS16's keybed. MP7 has those cool buttons thought that can take a beating.

Midi cables - qty 2.

midi out of the EPS16 to midi in of the MP7 and out of the mp7 into the EPS. You'll essentially be able to control the EPS or the MP7 either way. I'd keep the sequencing on the MP7. MP7 also has some pretty powerful controlling options as well (check out the manual)

EPS16? Fun to play with I guess. I'd probably scrap it later down the road and pickup a better sampling workstation.

Okay - my 2 pentz, and worth exactly that.

-muzakal

That sounds like the perfect formula for a serious MIDI feedback problem.
See if you can turn the echoback and/or control off on the slave keyboard. I'm sure there is a way. You really only need one cable out the master keys to the slave device's MIDI in. That way you will just use the new keyboard as an extra sound source controlled off a chosen channel on the master.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna get started on that as soon as this long ass work day is over.....7 more hours to go!

muzakal~ EPS16 has a 16 track sequencer on it.....thanks for also checkin' out the site and leavin' feedback!!

Peace to all~
B

I love gettin deals like that!
I got an MPC2000 for $75.00 from a pawn shop because they thought it was broken! I went home, downloaded the O.S. and was VERY happy!

The mp-7 looks cool.
How well do you know your Ensoniq? If you know it pretty good you might want to stick with that seqencer and run the mp-7 as a slave. I would download the manual to compare the capabilities of each and weigh it out. The MPC2000 sequncer is very easy but ver basic. From what I remember about an ASR-10, it had a good sequencer and is similar to the EPS-16.

Just some words-
Jason

Back