Epiphone "Howard Roberts"

slidey

anybody know anything about these babies????

can hardly find anything online & can find no reference to any sort of price for them at all

any help would be boingfully appreciated

boing

Check Elderly Instruments website. They had one a while back for around 2 grand, but is gone now.
Still a good place to surf for just about anything in guitars. Better showroom than Gruhn.
www.elderly.com

chazba

Last edited:
I've played the Gibson version

It was from the late 70s -It was a hollow body with an oval sound hole and a trapeze bridge. There was one humbucking pickup and it had pretty heavy gauge strings - definitely meant for playing jazz.

If you are looking for a Howard Roberts Model get the Gibson not the Epi and try a few.
They run hot and cold and some of them are junk.
I really liked the way they sound, but there are big differences in the way they play.
I tried an Epi HW once and it was crap. In fact most Epi's are crap unless you luck out and find one that was made right. The quality control on this stuff sucks.

If you are looking for a Howard Roberts Model get the Gibson not the Epi and try a few.
They run hot and cold and some of them are junk.
I really liked the way they sound, but there are big differences in the way they play.
I tried an Epi HW once and it was crap. In fact most Epi's are crap unless you luck out and find one that was made right. The quality control on this stuff sucks.

are you talking about old epi before they became a jap run company or afterwards???

as far as I'm aware Epi used to stand up with Gibson in the early days.

The particualr HR I'm looking at is a 69 Epi..

Back