EPIC fail this afternoon...

sharonclowe

but I am learning a bunch of stuff! So far I'm getting my brain around the difference b/t delay and reverb, played with the EQ slide/buttons, downloaded reaper & LAME-something or other, butchered one of my songs (sampled here :laughings:), and consequently have managed to provoke only a minor migraine in the process.

The worst part is now some lady's voice has hijacked my song!

the volume is so low (another than robo-lady shouting her announcement every few seconds) and sounds far away

here's what I had before I started messing around with the reaper program

Last edited:
Real nice.
I could only hear the "before Reaper" version, the other file was not found.
The only thing that jumped out were the squeaks on the strings, otherwise pretty good. Do you record voice and guitar all at once in 1 take?

Hi Joeym, thanks for giving the song a listen. I figured out why the link wasn't working (don't worry, you didn't miss anything great!...but I have restored the link in case you're in need of some comic relief). The Guitar Girl song was recorded by a friend of mine (sorry I have no idea about the equipment he used). Yes, it was done all at the same time (guitar and vocal together) in one take (minus a couple false starts, lol....I have ADD and it definitely affects my concentration!!**). He had used somebody else's fancy microphones...but I'm convinced I sounded better on his less-than-fancy microphones from an earlier session we had done.

The squeaky strings thing could be partly due to my limited guitar skills...is that something that could be camouflaged with the right mix?! I wasn't thrilled with my voice on this one (pretty much my feeling on most of the stuff that's been recorded so far!) so my hope is to learn enough on my own to set up some basic equipment here in my house and at least do the guitar (sans squeaks!) and vox myself until I'm satisfied.

**I wrote another light-hearted song that I hope will be the first I record all by myself. It's about my ADD (attention deficit disorder) and dedicated to a fellow musician friend of mine who suffers from ODD (obsessive compulsive disorder)...the title is "Too ADD to be OCD"

Back