Epi Valve Junior vs Fender Ultimate Chorus

post.aux.fader

Alright, so recently I've had my eye on the new Epiphone Valve Juniors. I know if I order one, I'll have to order some new tubes for it, and was wondering what the best price/quality balance brand would be for the replacement tubes. I'm only going to need a 12AX7 and a EL34. However, soon I'll be in the situation of needing to be heard over a drummer/bassist. If I went with the Epi Valve, my costs would be about 120 for the amp, 40 for the tubes, and 50 for an AB box that would let me run in simoutaneously with my solid state Vox Pathfinder 15R.

Or I could buy a Fender Ultimate Chorus. This solid state 2x12 will be plenty loud, and only cost me aboue 250 used on ebay. I've heard the Fender Princeton amps (non- new DSP digital tuner and asswiper) and I really liked the overdrive sounded, but have not heard the clean. Does the UC have a nice, clear, warm clean? I can provide my own distortion, I need not worry about it.

My dilemma lies in weather or not to have incorperated tube tone or solid state in a setting that requires me to be LOUD.

Any suggestions on what to do, or how either of these amps sound, would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your input.

I wouldn't use a 10 watt amp without a PA. You might be loud, but you might need a hair more.

Also, you Pathfinder 15 watt solid state won't seem very loud after a 10 watt watt tube amp is put next to it.

I know no one on this site will have the balls to say it, but the Ultimate Chorus makes more sense here.

How's the clean/distortion on that sunnofbitch? I know the Reverb is awesome because its a Fender, and the chorus I could care less about, but is nice to have

Back