Eode NTA-2 switches.

Mosqito

Hey guys. T'sup

So, I finally got a Rode NT2-A and I am trying to figure out the best way to record, best switch setup.

I don't understand what those switches are men't for the 40/0/80 switch and the -5/-/-10 switch.

I mean I can find some articles on them, which talk about some high pass filters/role off switches etc, but all those terms don't mean much to me.

Could some1 brake it down for me in a human Language please?

When would I want to switch the switch to 80 or 40? When I sing high low etc?

Same goes for the -5 and -10

I will find the info on my own eventually, but since I want to make a recording tomorrow I kinda want to skip the google search session and get some solid answers on this thing.

Help out will ya.

p.s.

Anyone used Rode NT2-A with Zoom H4N? Anything specific I should know about this combo?

Thank you

The top switch changes between polar patterns, you choose between omnidirectional, figure of 8 and cardioid, but I assume you already know that. The middle switch allows for filtering certain frequencies. If you are getting too much low end rumble you would use this, but this can generally be left in the middle for recording. The bottom switch allows attenuation of noise, 10 or 5 decibels. You can control the gain of the mic, useful for recording something really loud like an amp. If you're just recording vocals with it you can leave all the switches in the middle. Don't worry about them! ;p

K man. Thx. Il do leave them to neutral for now.

And the Rode Nt2-a seems to be totally noise free. Love that

Back