Enyone who would try and put vocals on my song ?

P.S.L

hello im looking for some who wants to put vocals on my track i will then upload it to soundcloud i will post the instrumental here :) the bpm is a 100
i look forward for feedback and what people come up with :)

Attachments

• NO V9.mp3
    5.9 MB
How about if we help YOU write a lyric? ;)

What do you want this song to be about?

How about if we help YOU write a lyric? ;)

What do you want this song to be about?
I would like to budt i only have a headset mic i cant afford a microphone right now i also dont really have the confidence and i also dont really know what genre my song is :)

I would like to budt i only have a headset mic i cant afford a microphone right now i also dont really have the confidence and i also dont really know what genre my song is :)
Start with that. It doesn't have to be a $1000 mic to get the idea across. We do more here than just focus on perfect mixes.

I clicked on play, here in my office in the theatre - and one of the girl singers popped in to ask a question and said"what's this" - I explained a member posted it and wanted somebody to put vocals on it. The conversation went a bit like this:
Can I see the words? No there aren't any.
Is there a tune for the bits where there isn't a melody? No this is it.
Is there actually a verse and a chorus? I said I think so.
She hummed a few things, then the drums came in and her warbling didn't fit.
The real snag is that it's not a finished song - so few singers will want to put their voice on something that is still in progress.

EQ balance, blend, the actual sounds are all very un-worked on. The piano sound has a repetitive rhythm but every chord is the same just in a different place - all the same volume, and the bass part is really indistinct. It's kind of an idea - not yet something somebody can sing to. Singers don't always like to write lyrics - many can't! Many cannot write melodies either - and of course, many won't put their name to something they have no control over.

You've got some chords and instruments that come in and go out - you don't have words or a tune ........ yet?

I clicked on play, here in my office in the theatre - and one of the girl singers popped in to ask a question and said"what's this" - I explained a member posted it and wanted somebody to put vocals on it. The conversation went a bit like this:
Can I see the words? No there aren't any.
Is there a tune for the bits where there isn't a melody? No this is it.
Is there actually a verse and a chorus? I said I think so.
She hummed a few things, then the drums came in and her warbling didn't fit.
The real snag is that it's not a finished song - so few singers will want to put their voice on something that is still in progress.

EQ balance, blend, the actual sounds are all very un-worked on. The piano sound has a repetitive rhythm but every chord is the same just in a different place - all the same volume, and the bass part is really indistinct. It's kind of an idea - not yet something somebody can sing to. Singers don't always like to write lyrics - many can't! Many cannot write melodies either - and of course, many won't put their name to something they have no control over.

You've got some chords and instruments that come in and go out - you don't have words or a tune ........ yet?
do you have any tips to improve so its not really the same over and over again

Hard to say...
You may be one of those who can sing the phonebook with "style" ;)

I'm a "lyrics first" guy. I generally find a rhythm in the words, a phrase that sings well, then the music evolves from there.

The snag is that you've made a few very common beginners things that mean it's less 'musical'. How did you actually produce it? playing, then quantising? It;s very much the same volume, bar for bar, then a change and repeat, then another and repeat. If you had played(for example) the drums on a velocity sensitive music keyboard, every single drum hit would be different. MIDI allows for 127 levels of loudness of each note. Many drum sounds inside the DAW will play a different sound for a note above 100 - a much sharper crackier snare sound. volumes up to 50 might be very gentle snare sounds and so on, so thump crack on a kick and snare will be unique everytime you play them. On the piano, all three notes in your chords would all be different. Beginners might do lots of copy and paste, and maybe even enter a bars worth of music with a mouse - all at the same volume. The bass is very quiet and a bit dull sounding so it gets lost, and there is a sense it's not mixed at all - just all the faders in a row. If there are effects and panning - I'm not really hearing them. It's first term college music tech - before people have a think about how real instruments play - things like guitar strums - in a real strum the down strum is usually louder, and the notes play one at a time lowest one first, then a very fast arpeggio to the highest, but on the up strum, it's quieter and starts on the high notes. This also means some notes will be early and some late, or first one on the beat and the others all different amounts behind. Once you start mimicking how your sounds would be played for real - you are away. You might have two bass guitar tracks, one EQd to be a bit dull - fingers and the other more hard - nails, or they might all be played with a pick? Get the idea. Yours at the moment sounds like when people produce their first song in things like garage band - sort of lego brick music. The skill is tweaking. Garage band can sound really good, but needs lots of musical work to make things fit. Chord voicing is also worth looking at. Think of a C chord to a G chord and then a C to an F. These only need two of the three notes moving - one stays the same. going from F to G needs all three - so you need to think fingering if you play them on a keyboard.

Finally - you need to work out if you just want a singer, or a collaborator if they sing your lyrics and melody - you can just pay them a bit and the thing is still yours. Ask them to write the lyrics and the melody and if it went crazy on tiktok/youtube they'[d probably get more than you - you would get the music credit, they'd get music AND lyrics!

The snag is that you've made a few very common beginners things that mean it's less 'musical'. How did you actually produce it? playing, then quantising? It;s very much the same volume, bar for bar, then a change and repeat, then another and repeat. If you had played(for example) the drums on a velocity sensitive music keyboard, every single drum hit would be different. MIDI allows for 127 levels of loudness of each note. Many drum sounds inside the DAW will play a different sound for a note above 100 - a much sharper crackier snare sound. volumes up to 50 might be very gentle snare sounds and so on, so thump crack on a kick and snare will be unique everytime you play them. On the piano, all three notes in your chords would all be different. Beginners might do lots of copy and paste, and maybe even enter a bars worth of music with a mouse - all at the same volume. The bass is very quiet and a bit dull sounding so it gets lost, and there is a sense it's not mixed at all - just all the faders in a row. If there are effects and panning - I'm not really hearing them. It's first term college music tech - before people have a think about how real instruments play - things like guitar strums - in a real strum the down strum is usually louder, and the notes play one at a time lowest one first, then a very fast arpeggio to the highest, but on the up strum, it's quieter and starts on the high notes. This also means some notes will be early and some late, or first one on the beat and the others all different amounts behind. Once you start mimicking how your sounds would be played for real - you are away. You might have two bass guitar tracks, one EQd to be a bit dull - fingers and the other more hard - nails, or they might all be played with a pick? Get the idea. Yours at the moment sounds like when people produce their first song in things like garage band - sort of lego brick music. The skill is tweaking. Garage band can sound really good, but needs lots of musical work to make things fit. Chord voicing is also worth looking at. Think of a C chord to a G chord and then a C to an F. These only need two of the three notes moving - one stays the same. going from F to G needs all three - so you need to think fingering if you play them on a keyboard.

Finally - you need to work out if you just want a singer, or a collaborator if they sing your lyrics and melody - you can just pay them a bit and the thing is still yours. Ask them to write the lyrics and the melody and if it went crazy on tiktok/youtube they'[d probably get more than you - you would get the music credit, they'd get music AND lyrics!
i think what i look for is someone to help produce with im using fl studio so i use my mouse to press notes into as i cant afford a keyboard right now budt my plan is to get a midi keyboard also i really dont know how to mix as i really cant find eny good videos on how to do it i normally jusr remove the hige end of my kicks and bass budt dont really eq my piano as i dont know how to do and compression i also really dont know how to do it so i use ott compresson

The good news is...
We all gotta' start somewhere.

Sounds to me like you're just messing around with a keyboard at this point. That's not a bad thing.
If you didn't have a sense of rhythm/melody, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation lol...

It's time to take the next step. Apply your melody prowess to words :)

i think what i look for is someone to help produce with im using fl studio so i use my mouse to press notes into as i cant afford a keyboard right now budt my plan is to get a midi keyboard also i really dont know how to mix as i really cant find eny good videos on how to do it i normally jusr remove the hige end of my kicks and bass budt dont really eq my piano as i dont know how to do and compression i also really dont know how to do it so i use ott compresson
Since you have a DAW, look on any social board that sells stuff, look for any MIDI keyboard, even a yard sale, just get a keyboard. Touch sensitive if you can find one, but not important at this time. Get some free VSTi's and start fooling with it.

The longest part of any journey is the first steps. EVERYONE has to start at the same place, at the beginning.

You have nothing to lose and a lifetime of gain.

Reactions: TAE
The killer thing is note input via a mouse - think of it as having a compressor turned up to 11 - every single note is the same velocity. I don;t know your DAW, but in cubase you can edit the notes you've played to change the velocity - but doing it musically, note by note would age you 100 years! You need a music keyboard. It's important.

Since you have a DAW, look on any social board that sells stuff, look for any MIDI keyboard, even a yard sale, just get a keyboard. Touch sensitive if you can find one, but not important at this time. Get some free VSTi's and start fooling with it.

The longest part of any journey is the first steps. EVERYONE has to start at the same place, at the beginning.

You have nothing to lose and a lifetime of gain.
i been looking at this keyboard

AKAI Professional MPK Mini MK3 is that a good one​

The killer thing is note input via a mouse - think of it as having a compressor turned up to 11 - every single note is the same velocity. I don;t know your DAW, but in cubase you can edit the notes you've played to change the velocity - but doing it musically, note by note would age you 100 years! You need a music keyboard. It's important.
i been looking at the akai professional mpk mini mk3 minikeyboard i only know simple chord progression i dont know if i be able to play my melody in my head on a keyboard do you have eny tips on this

I'm a great fan of learning different ways. if you have your five digits on your right hand - stick your thumb over C, and the other on each white note ending with the little finger on G. Then hum a little 4 or 5 note phrase, and try to play the same thing by ear. Hearing in your head how much the next note goes up, or down and getting a feel for which note it is. Forget the letter names - just following your tune. You could even use happy birthday? teach yourself the fingers - so happy birthday would start on your thumb on 1 and go 112143. Hearing intervals and learning them. Once you've trained your ears and your fingers, you add more notes, or maybe go down from the C not up?
Practice rhythm too - the happy birthday thing has some notes short, others long. Can you replicate that? Try it with a metronome, and look at the screen, did you hit the lines where beats come, or miss them. Pitch and rhythm are the core for making music. Some people struggle, others find it really easy - you need to look at yourself an decide how you work.

Back