Envelopes And How To Lick Them!

BluesMeister

Occasional Poster
My fellow Walkers Of Cake,

I want to apply an envelope to one of my MIDI tracks, but HS2004 keeps defaulting to track 1 and I want to work on track 3.

What's the approved methodology for getting around this minor irritation?

Please don't tell me to drag track 3 to the uppermost position - that's cheating and I don't cheat... :)

I want to do a bit of volume fiddly pokery with a MIDI track, and probably apply the same technique at a later date to an audio track.

OK, so if I DO have to drag the track to the top position, what happens to envelopes applied to the original Track 1? (Of course it's now Track 2). Will they still apply?

Answers on the back of a brand new pink $200 bill to the usual address...

--
BluesMeister

Hmmm.. you can't add envelopes to tracks other than track 1? That's weird... :confused:

How are you trying to add these envelopes? You should just right-click the track and select Add Envelope.

Do you get any error messages?

Hey BloodShark,

Welcome to the PleasureDome!

When I right clicked on the track I wanted to apply an envelope to, it went into Selected mode (ie the background of the track turned black).

I right clicked and the pop-up menu appeared. From the menu I scrolled down to Envelopes> Create Track Envelope>

Another nested menu appeared:

Automated Mute
Chorus (Default channel 1)
Pan (Default channel 1)
Reverb (Default channel 1)
Volume (Default channel 1)

Actually, I opened a MIDI file in HS2004 and clicked on the MIDI... option this time as I was typing this reply, and it placed the envelope exactly where I wanted it to, on Track 3. :rolleyes:

I guess I just answered my own question.

I also tried the same thing with Tutorial5.bun, right clicking on one of the wave files, and the nested menu gave me a different set of options but specific to the audio track.

Well you learn something new every day. :)

There's nothing in the Get Started manual pertaining to envelopes, but with your able assistance I've now got the hang of it. :D

Thanks for that, now I can go to bed and get a good night's sleep instead of tossing and turning worrying about it all night.

--
BluesMeister

Back