Ensoniq SQ1 blowing fuses

MickAZ

Replaced the battery and now on power up the unit blows fuse 2 on the adapter board. I know the problem is with the main pcb, but before I spend $$ on a new one I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with this. Can't find anything wrong or figure anything I did in replacing the battery.:mad:

throw it away or sell for parts... ensoniq never really wanted these to be feild servicable... most of the service manuals simply help you to decide which board to replace... and since they are gone... well it might have a future as a boat anchor???

go ahead and keep it... what i was suggesting though is it's irrepairable... trace that fuseed line... where does it go?? have ya got a DMM??? (a meter) if so turn it on with the fuse out and find out what the votage present is...

actually, it is very repairable. I can get a replacement pcb, but I was looking for ideas first.

replacment pcb??? good for you... wonder where they get them... or maybe just old stock... look around that battery maybe you accedently bridged a line... replacing the battery is all you did??? if you put it in backwards they usually blow up... i guess it could have shorted... pull it out and power up... if it doesn't blow then it was the battery...

Ensoniq tech available

While this thread is 3 years old, I did stumble across it Google'ing for something else related to Ensoniq. Since some of us really love our Ensoniq's, I'm replying.

One repair technician in San Jose, CA used to work at Ensoniq/EMU before it closed down. He bought many of the remaining parts. He services and sells Ensoniq products. (I bought an upgrade kit to convert KT-76 to E-Prime.)

He may have a replacement board for your SQ-1 or offer you ideas if he can fix it.

His web site goes by the name Thesoniq.com
(Since this is my 1st post, I can't post URL's yet. Just Google Thesoniq.)
(408) 259-6193

Back