Ensoniq Eps16 Plus

JUSTTIGHT

I ran across the EPS 16 Plus in a pawn shop. The price was unbelievable, lowest I've seen. Everything checkes out in the store. It's been a few months now, and I finally got around to hooking it up. When I did so there was no sound. I now know that teh EPS 16 plus has no memory and can not hold programming.

Now for my Question
(1) Did I just waste my money?
If I have to program it each and every time I turn it off, that's a yes. I only have a sample disk with a few sounds and that takes forever to load.

(2) Does anyone else have this unit?

(3) If so how do you address this issue?

Welcome to the world of "vintage sampling"...

The ensoniq doesn;t even realize that it's a keyboard until you load up the operating system... did you get one of them disks at least?

Then once the OS in in, you can load sounds in, and yeah they are slow.....

The ensoniq is a great little cheap easy to use semi-vintage sampler, but the quality standards are not very good.... Mine is developing a personality of it's own.... It decides when it wants to sample now..
And when it doesn't feel like it, it doesn't....

And if you want sounds, you'll have to go onto Ebay, and search Ensoniq EPS 16, and buy some.... Thats how I do it....

If you paid, less than $150-$200 US, you got a good deal.... If you paid more, you got ripped off...IMO

Good Luck.. Have Fun.

Joe

Remember It's a sampler... It's not a synth, with Presets....

It is not uncommon that a sampler needs to be loaded... In fact most of them are loaded the same way the EPS is, except for it might be a CD rom or some different format... If you want a unit that you can turn on and away you go, you are looking for a synth with some presets...

Joe

-yeah

-i used to have an EPS 16+ , got stolen and i always come across them in pawn shops usually they sell for $200 in the pawn shop

-yeah there was a scsi expansion available for them, if you don't have scsi you have to load sounds by good old floppies

-also check and see if the one you got has a flashbank installed, if not u have to boot it wit the OS disk everytime you turn it on

-yeah, that keyboard is non existent till u load the OS and then it will calibrate the keyboard

-but that EPS ain't a bad sampler, hit songs havee ben produced wit that unit especially in the rap/hiphop/rnb genre

-jus hope that the disk drive doesn't die on you

Thanks a million!!

I want to thank everyone for the feedback it was more than helpful

Vox;
I have one disk but there are very few sounds on it. This one sold for $180 USD

Pyss;
There is no flashbank installed on this unit.

Seems to me the deal wasn't as good as I thought it was. Next time I need to do my research before I make a purchase. Even if the deal does seem to be to good to be true. I would rather it not be there, when I come back for it. As opposed to having a house full of gear I don't use

I have a EPS-m....

Does anyone know anything about the EPS and the SCSI features. I have the EPS-m and manual but no info was mentioned about a SCSI drive.

thanks
tcdave

Not a bad deal

Hi TIGHT (Mmmmm) :)
You got a good deal at $180 US. You could turn around and sell it on ebay for twice that. I saw one go recently for $450, but it had a bunch of disks with it.

Do some web searching. You'll find some sounds and utilities for storage and disk creation on PC. Don't know about Mac tools.

THANKS AGAIN

I will look around and see what I can find for it. However that whole ebay thing doesn't sound to bad... lol:p

Back