Engineering Angels, Electronica/Trance/Minimalism

It sounds pretty good to me.

I don't really know the rules of this genre, but here are my thoughts.

The drums are pretty buried when things get loud around 3:00.

I feel like there are too many movements to really consider this a single song.

Overall though it's good, ambient stuff.

It sounds pretty good to me.

I don't really know the rules of this genre, but here are my thoughts.

The drums are pretty buried when things get loud around 3:00.

I feel like there are too many movements to really consider this a single song.

Overall though it's good, ambient stuff.

It's funny you say that because, I've no idea how this genre works either. I kind of just started with a concept in my head, and expanded it until it was long enough for me to feel like I didn't half ass it. I've kind of just let others define where it fits and so far its either been Trance, Drum and Bass, and most recently Trip House. Thanks for checkin it out

I have a friend who occasionally does electronica where the one driving artistic force is that he doesn't try very hard or spend too much time on a song. He calls it Slack Core.

For me, the 'prime directive' for this stuff is that it has got to make me want to move, first; and then the tantric music has to clear my inner dialogue. The opening synth figure was pleasing and infectious. But there was not enough thump to make me jump in the whole work. Then the opening figure stopped. Then I start thinking about the tune....instead of the tune getting inside me...putting me in 'the now'. That tells me there's elements missing to get the effect.

But the sounds are nice.

Dittos on mo' boom in the bottom. Gotta make y' wanna move body :^)

For me, the 'prime directive' for this stuff is that it has got to make me want to move, first; and then the tantric music has to clear my inner dialogue. The opening synth figure was pleasing and infectious. But there was not enough thump to make me jump in the whole work. Then the opening figure stopped. Then I start thinking about the tune....instead of the tune getting inside me...putting me in 'the now'. That tells me there's elements missing to get the effect.

But the sounds are nice.

Dittos on mo' boom in the bottom. Gotta make y' wanna move body :^)

Thanks for listening, I'll have to agree that it's definitely not a body moving, dance track. The lack of bass is due to me being a pansy and not wanting to overdo it. Ironically I was aiming to make a full force club oriented d&b track, but got off track and went more toward a spaced out vibe. I'll definitely try harder next go 'round to get that body movin' though.

Hi.
I used to make 'this kind' of music.
I think the mix works, in the sense that everything fits and nothing's fighting. The instrument that starts around 2:19 for me is a big no-no, I really wouldn't do that, it sounds amateurish and needs love. 2:48, that synth is way too flat.
So you have four parts, A-B-C-B. I absolutely don't agree with the vocal samples (I have problems with single-line vocals in this kind of music). Part A builds up nicely but doesn't deliver. Most of the sounds you use here sound too sterile to me. Maybe some temporal adjustment of cutoff or resonance might help you out. I'd play around with most of your synths to get a more interesting sound, you're very close to that muzak sound. But man, part B kicks ass. Seriously. You've got your loudness, noise, your snare cuts through just fine, only problem is your bass drum I think, too pointy.
Try changing the bass sound in part C. And also the trumpets. I like synths, I can't get into digitalized instruments, drums aside.
And then slam, back into B.

Haha, no I wasn't actually referring to anything anyone said. Problem is you can't really call it electronica I find, 'cuz then you might as well use the name analoga. I do use quotes quite liberally though, I agree, maybe too much so. There's just so many different styles in electronica that all have their mixing requirements (peak freq difference between, say, D&B and trance is big, ignoring the bass drum). I guess I meant purely digital music with trance influences with a straight beat and at least one loud, theatrical part. You didn't get that? You people are all the same!

Kidding.

Back