energetic pop rock track!

dastig

check this out, and let me know what you guys think of the writing, vocals, mixing and overall arrangement? thanx!!

Crash

Hey, nice job to the band and to you dastig. I have a couple of suggestions for you:

1) The bass drum is a little weak. Consider boosting the frequency of the bass drum at around 50 or 60 Hz with narrow Q to give it a little more punch. Play around with it.

2) There's a snare hit just before each chorus. I would like to hear that single hit boosted up 4 or 5 dB to make it more prominent and sort of like the period of the "verse sentence" before you begin the "chorus sentence." Also, the snare sounds a little mellow. Maybe you could add a little high-frequency to get more of a "thwack" out of it.

Other than that, sounds good.

Dude, I love this kind of music. I like the suggestions rocketman provided. The only other thing that I can think of is the palm-muted guitar parts sound kinda funny during the verse. I can't put my finger on it... the guitars sound excellent on all the other stuff.

I like it dastig! I guess some of those earlier points could make it better. But it sounds pretty cool straight out of the box. And nice and clear. Hmmm...how can I do that?

Cheers
aspiring

I like it..

No doubt at all the Bass drum needs to come up..WAY UP

Uhmm..there's something missing when the chorus kicks in and the Bass drum just may be it. Maybe it's the whole kit....I guess I gotta listen again huh ?? :p

It just seems like when the chorus comes up, the singer, the guitar and some cymbal splashes are out there all alone...

Okay I am listening again...The Bass guitar needs to come up as well.
Have you consider a little (counter melody) single not guitar line coming in during the chorus as well?

The harmony vocal during the chorus (there's one in there right?)- tap that fader up a bit...I think that will help...

I am picking on the chorus way too much -
The verse??

The muted guitar parts during the verse...Hmmm they can go down just a tad.

OKAY all that being said:

piano chimes during the verse - nice touch and they sit well.
The vocals are great for this style and they've been captured well.

The overall structure of the song is excellent and it's a really good performance.

It's EXACTLY as you described it:
'energetic pop rock track'

Great job dude.

hey thanks for all the feedback guys, i'll try and touch it up using all your suggestions :)

homemadehitshow, i recorded all parts into Cubase SX, gearlist as follows:

Vocals: SP C1 into Rane MS1B
Guitars: DI into Presonus TubePre --> Amplitube
Bass: DI into TubePre --> Amplitube
Drums: BFD VSTi
Piano: SP C1 on Samick upright

Just my type of tune - I was raised on radio rock. Snookie had some good points but there's nothing too major in the mix department. Great songwriting here and performance!

Back