• Blade

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • fraunhaufer

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • other

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Hey Bruce

For a beginner who has only been recording vocal and sound at the same time using sb live 3, do you think AudioActive Pro is easier to use than others? I have looked at a few but they really do look complicated with all those choices and I have no idea what sound should come out the end, then again, I have ready mixed music. But I do get confused over vocal effects because everyone that listens uses different speakers so they hear it differently. One thing I have found is that something happens in my PC that causes a muffled sound like its cut all high freqency at the end of a word and the high notes are buzzing, yet on another pc the sound is clear.

Generally speaking I prefer LAME at 160kbps and above, fraunhofer below that. But due to the nature of psychoacoustic techniques, it depends on the material as to which one sounds better to me. Sometimes even on the same file one sounds better in one part, and the other better in another part.

I use Blade...because that is what I have used from day 1...basically...and I haven't had any complaints...except about just the MP3 format in general. I know there are faster converters out there...but saving a couple of minutes hasn't been too much an issue with me. Usually I get up and go pee, get a fresh one, the thing is done when I come back and sit down.

as far as quality issues go between converters...what I have read seems to be one is good for one song..the other good for another...hard to make a single choice. ...and MP3's still hash out my snare drum sounds anyway....no matter what converter.

Back