emulating the voice tracks in guitar

nzausrec

Hi, I am using Digitech drum/bass machine, with my ES-335 (Fmaj7, Em7, Dm7, Cmaj7), split channels the lead with pedals chorus, comp, centaur clone, SS3 thru to a Vox, and into a condensor Mic - Post processed over the top with gain, reverb, and another chorus slight vibrato - (bloody heck!)

Attachments

• sehcaep.mp3
    5 MB
PS: actually this is not the Vox, this is my busking amp. So, this is my busking sound but minus the (essential imo) post processing.

The guitar work is nice in my opinion. Sounds very relaxed (if this is what you wanted to achieve 😉 ).
Some points that could improve it:
Drum and bass come from the Digitech Trio? I always find that the drums there have too much high frequencies. This makes the clicking sounds very prominent. You could try to remove a bit there (a few dB less at 10+ kHz or so).
Also the whole sound kind of pulses. At least on my speakers (no professional equipment). Maybe use less of the vibrato on the rhythm track and make the solo guitar bit louder.

thx very much for checking and pointers. What you have said about high freqs is very telling - I have lost all my hearing over frequency 4500 kHz (age when hit 50 side effect.. Is good 4 me to know need to turn down the Eq at 10+ - I always ;have liked to keep it high whereas need to reduce.
I have a question about the drum hits and high freqs - are the the drum hits leaving like artifacts, like nasty harmonics tones coming through in the high freqs? Maybe i can't hear them. I hear the bass and mids okay.

thx very much for checking and pointers. What you have said about high freqs is very telling - I have lost all my hearing over frequency 4500 kHz (age when hit 50 side effect.. Is good 4 me to know need to turn down the Eq at 10+ - I always ;have liked to keep it high whereas need to reduce.
I have a question about the drum hits and high freqs - are the the drum hits leaving like artifacts, like nasty harmonics tones coming through in the high freqs? Maybe i can't hear them. I hear the bass and mids okay.
The drums don't leave artifacts as far as I can tell. They are just very prominent. The rim click somehow makes it feel like a metronome is on.

Back