emulated speaker out

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
Anyone know how these things work on an amp? Can you just stick them straight into the guitar jack on your AI?

You would plug them into a line input on your AI. Don't expect much, they tend to suck unless you are using a modelling amp.

Not knowing the amp you have we can only answer in generalities. Most likely a line input would be the best option. A high-Z guitar input may work if the signal isn't too hot and the input isn't too sensitive. Is the output on an XLR, a 1/4" TRS or a 1/4" TS connector? What does your amp's manual say?

The only thing we can say with absolute certainty is, the guitar input on the AI is for plugging guitars directly into. Or anything that would normally plug into the input of a guitar amp.

Not knowing the amp you have we can only answer in generalities. Most likely a line input would be the best option. A high-Z guitar input may work if the signal isn't too hot and the input isn't too sensitive. Is the output on an XLR, a 1/4" TRS or a 1/4" TS connector? What does your amp's manual say?
Manual! Haha!
I'll have a poke about on the back of the amp in a bit and see what happens

Marshall's JVM410 has an excellent sounding line out - from my experience. It goes into the line in of the AI but it tends to be a little hot. Just using a TS cable.

The JCM900 line out is good for clean but fizzy for high gain.

Cheers guys, I'll check for a line in and stuff like that. See what it's like monitoring in my headphones

Or, at the very least, you could tell us what amp and interface you have and then we could give you more specific advice.

Got it working! Using the emulated out on the blackstar studio into the line in on the UX2 using gearbox in bypass mode so I can live monitor which the UX2 won't do on its own.

Signal coming in at -20 on a firmly plucked string! Sounds okish

Sounds shit recorded. Not simmy as such, more just like a really badly recorded guitar. Doesn't seem to pick up the dynamics of your playing as much as it normally would either.

That's a pretty safe recording level. If you don't mind the sound, job done.
I'll post it up in the new tone thread now. Its pretty rubbish really. Might be handy if you were all set up and working but it was getting late and you wanted to finish getting some ideas down. Its just like a very muffled, muddy version of the real thing.

Back