EMU XL7 / MP-7 question....

tcdave

I just got an XL-7 and I would like to contol my keyboard with the XL-7's drum sounds. How do I do that? I have looking in the manual and I am not finding it. I want to use the sequencer but I dont want the XL-7's synth sounds playing, just the drums. How do I sequence the XL-7 using external gear?

Thanks
tcdave

oi.. I had one and sold it.. Why? It took me too long to get moving on it. I don't care ofr EMU menus..

But heres the deal.. each part (which you can switch by using the up and down keys next to the main display after pressing the preset button right below the main panel) and there are 16 of them.. go figure.. all you need to do is set your sequencer to part 1-16 and then you have all channels.

Controlling your keyboard with drum sounds? That doesn't make any sense.. but notice ont he bank of buttons on the lower right.. each one represents a part in the over all sequence to turn off a part simply press the button to turn the light off. Press play on a sequencer and try turing the channels on and off. Each one corresponds to a MIDI channel as well in the presets. So find one with drums and turn the rest off.

The manual sucks BTW..

Back