Emu 0404 problem

cwr89

Just built a new system, not the greatest but a much needed step up from the POS that I was using. went from PIII 1ghz to a SEMPRON 2700+

now here is the funny part. I get everything installed and the card is in. I open up Emu/Creative's E-DSP Patchmix virtual mixer. and whala... only the right channel works. hmmm thats odd just 2 months ago I was recording both left and right. (yes I know the 0404 is not a great card) but anyway. I've emailed the hardware guys at Emu and I haven't heard back from them yet. I am just wondering if there is anything you think of that I might try. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers. I am running XPsp2, I am just out of Ideas. I can get the Cubasis VST 4 to work fine, it brings in both left and right signals however there is no sound coming in the left channel so it will only record in mono.

I don't know about you guys but mono well, its just depressing.

what do you recomend??

I am running in a Nady 14 channel mixer set it up so I had 2 mics 1 on each side and I could only pull right sound. I tried the main outs, the aux sends, and the control room outs. (all 1/4") and only right on all of them.

thanks in advance you guys are great.
~Casey

sorry for my pestering and premature topic post.

I tested the analog cable for a short, nope. so I checked the card. looks to be a short in it and I don't have the skill required to fix it.

does anyone know how Emu/Creative is to deal with in repair?

~Casey

Back