Electronics books

michaelq

through london power press there are some techincal books by kevin o'connor. they seem to be very thorough and expensive. i was wondering if anyone had any one of these that they would be willing to loan to me for a couple weeks or a month. i would be willing to send jack darr's guitar amp handbook (pdf file), or i have many books non-music related that we could trade for a couple weeks. my end goal is building my mixer, or (or monstrous studio console if it gets to that point :) i could pay for any shipping costs as well. if anyone feels up to this let me know. I'm also looking for any suggestions on any other books which might be so thorough.
-Michael
go to www.londonpower.com/books.htm for the list of kevin o'connors books for anyone interested

michaelq said:
through london power press there are some techincal books by kevin o'connor. ... my end goal is building my mixer, or (or monstrous studio console if it gets to that point :)

I have The Ultimate Tone vols. 1-3 and Secrets and Secret Holders, and while they are absolutely fabulous books, I'm not sure they're what you're looking for. Kevin knows all about tube guitar amps, and that's what his books are about. You're not likely to glean useful information regarding mixers.

Unfortunately, I don't know where to direct you. You might want to ask around at the GroupDIY forum. They're all about homebuilt studio gear in there, and are some clever chaps to boot.

Back