Electronic track, maybe Electro House?

dankemusic

Hi! Here's my new track which I think could be Electro House, it has some sounds that are kind of Moombahton, Latin like, in this one I made a lot of work on the mixing and the mastering, also I got very stucked with the arrengment, but it was because I tried to develop an idea that I wasn't very comfortable with, so an analysis of the mix balance would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Little more bass early on, just seems like it needs to be there. In the slow parts, a sustained bass to give it some bottom (these are ideas, not critiques).

The mix sounded fine, but the arrangement felt too constrained. Not a knock, just my opinion and that doesn't count much. But you do know how to do this type of music for sure. You're nearing or are at the pro level in my mind. Hopefully you are working on doing this live. You have some good stuff.

Hi DM60! I actually tried to add a bass which was more subby like at the beginning, but then the verse loses it's impact, because the construction of the low end on the verses it's almost the only thing going on the verses with the orchestral drums and the sub bass adding on the last bars. I totally agree with what you say of the arrangement, I wasn't very comfortable with this song, it actually took me a month with this one, the other one you saw with the funky vibes took me like 5 days, and I just finished this one because I was tired of it and didn't think I was in a good way, so instead of just throwing it to the trash I centered myself on the mix, which is my principal problem right now, and that's why I'm asking for that specially.

Don't know what do you mean by doing it live, if you mean like a DJ, what I would like is to be a producer and work with other people making tracks!

Thanks for your opinion DM60, cheers! :guitar:

Well, I don't like to think of those guys that I am talking about DJs, when you look at something like Ableton Live and their PUSH or APC40 and that sort of thing and make it more interactive in a live setting. That is what I am talking about. That is more than a DJ. But maybe that is what they still call them.

Don't know what's the name exactly but I know what you mean haha, if I ever get the chance I would do it for sure, I also know something about drumming, so I work well on pads too, but anyways performing it's not my strong and I enjoy more making music :thumbs up:

Back