Electribe Series and Korg MS2000

pablo

I'm trying to make a transition from rebirth/fruity loops to hardware equipment for live performance and everything in the Electribe series looks good, and I like this keyboard the other day I was in Mars Music :rolleyes: so what do you think about those, and how do you think they will work togheter?

I've used all of the electribe series except the newest one (forget it's nae--the black one ok), and I like em alot. Are you planning on importing some sequences into the electribes or just learning em? Make sure you get a few smart media cards, the memory on those things sucks IMO. I always used Korg's Kaoss pad with them, which is a great compliment as the onboard effects are slightly less than desired again IMO. Haven't messed around w/ the MS2000 so no thoughts there, let me know what you're plannin I'm interested in how you set em up.

Laj

Hey! Thanks for replying!
I went to a music store and tried the sampler and and black one, I like the black one a lot to start, because it has a drum machine a a synth in one box, and, well, I guess I can start with that...
Yes, I do want to import samples but I guess I'll need the sampler for that, so that will wait a couple of months...

I checked out the Kaoss Pad and it rules!! however I didn't realized how it works, I thought it was only kind of a "joystick" and it didn't have the effects on it! Anyway, I saw this Roland D2, it's more expensive, but it has like a Kaoss Pad in it and sounded pretty cool... had a lot of flexibility I think...

What I want to do is being able to jam trance and techno live, maybe some kind of trip hop in the future, so I guess I can start my job with the black electribe, I dismissed the Keyboard already because the only advantage seems to be flexibility FOR KEYBOARDIST and I can hardly play keyboards, so I don't want to make it more difficult to myself :) maybe I'll buy it when I can play a little better and have more money... probably one or 2 years :)

Hey Pablo,

I'm into "jamming" out trance type stuff as well and the electribes are good for that, you'll probably need two though soon, it makes it all alot fuller and it's more fun anyways. Go with the green one, it has a sampler built in. The D2 is OK though the pad doesn't have nearly as many effect progams, though it does have cool things like quick snare builds that you control w/ your finger, I guess I thought it ws a bit too much of a toy though, couldn't really get into the sounds w/in it. Anyways, keep the beats pumpin'!

Laj

Back