Elco snake, and some other stuff...

James HE

a spoonfull weighs a ton
Well, figuring I'd be in ADAT land for a while yet, I broke down and got a snake. That $130 could have gone to a nice pre or something cool, but damn this thing is great. Being able to operate at +4 balanced really opened things up. I don't have to struggle to not clip the ADAT's converters, and still get good levels. I picked up a few more insert cables too, rewiring the rack this afternoon took only about 30 minutes. I was able to move the ADAT to a different rack from the bay, where I can see it without looking down. The patchbay came together so much neater. I was tickled. Yes i said "tickled".

I also bought a Vibraslap- you know that vibrating pecussion instrument that you slap. I had to have it! I'll probably try to put it on everything for a while ;) till it gets old.

Funny thing is that I use the ADAT mostly just for it's converters going into a RME digi 96/8- so when I upgrade my converters, I may have an useless snake. oh well.

So anyways, the point. Don't skimp on cabling! It seemed like an expensive luxury, but getting that snake was probably the best upgrade I could have done for my setup at the moment.

a snake for $130 buckaroons?
hmm, what length? total wires? and most importand what brand cable and connectors?

'coz 130 dollars aint that much for a STUDIO wire..and if you say it's more than okay...

Back