Elastic Properties not showing in Pro Tools 8

Reesho

Even though Elastic Audio exists in my plugins folder, Elastic Properties does not appear anywhere in my PT8 interface.

symptoms:
When I right click on a selected region there is no Elastic Properties... Conform to Tempo etc. section in the drop down menu. There is also no menu in the edit window track list (next to the samples/ticks button) to select a property that will enable a track with Elastic Audio. It's just blank.

Any clue would be greatly appreciated!

***UPDATE: The problem seems to be isolated to the session in question because the EA properties do appear in other sessions.

Also I just noticed that "Enable Elastic Audio on New Tracks" in Preferences/Processing is greyed out and not selectable in this session!

PTLE 8
Digi 002R

Last edited:
Here is the workaround to what could be considered a Pro Tools Bug:

Save the session as a copy changing the audio format from SDII to WAV. This solves the problem. EA appears as normal in that new saved copy.

I came across this solution in this thread:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=246246&highlight=SDII+Elastic+Audio

It's not a bug....it's because you can't use Elastic Audio with SDII files.
You should be using WAV or AIFF files anyway since they're pretty much the standard and cross compatible between platforms.

It's not a bug....it's because you can't use Elastic Audio with SDII files.
You should be using WAV or AIFF files anyway since they're pretty much the standard and cross compatible between platforms.

Also, if you ever get into using time stamping, WAV keep theirs. AIFF might lose em, and SDII will lose them.

These are old audio tracks from an old session. I no longer use the SDII format. Thanks for the info though. I don't recall Digi saying anywhere in the manual or... that EA won't work with SDII. It would've been nice if they mentioned it. Maybe I missed it?

page 247 of the 8.0 Reference Guide:
Only AIFF and WAV files are supported
for Elastic Audio analysis and processing.
Any other file format (such as MP3 and SD2)
must be converted to AIFF or WAV for Elastic
Audio analysis and processing.

These are old audio tracks from an old session. I no longer use the SDII format. Thanks for the info though. I don't recall Digi saying anywhere in the manual or... that EA won't work with SDII. It would've been nice if they mentioned it. Maybe I missed it?

I think it's in the Pro Tools 101 or 110 book. Can't remember though.

Back