El Boxo De Fire/The Firebox

PsychoBandito

alright I have seen this bad boy all over and in magazines you name it

some people swear by it and it seems like its a good deal cause I could get it at guitar center marked down by probably 100

so I just want to make sure that it works how I think it does

does it record simultaneously 8 tracks into the comp

cause if its just mono than fuck that

I have firewire set up and I have sonar 4 producer edition and some other trinkets so don't worry about my comp being crappy or not compatible

The FireBox only has 2 simultaneous analog inputs. You might be thinking of the FirePod, which has 8 analog inputs.

Reactions: apl
scrubs said:
The FireBox only has 2 simultaneous analog inputs. You might be thinking of the FirePod, which has 8 analog inputs.

Hey, scrubs, I've been looking at the FireBox a little more closely and it looks like you can use the two mix/instrument pres on the front simultaneously with the two line ins on the back.

apl said:
Hey, scrubs, I've been looking at the FireBox a little more closely and it looks like you can use the two mix/instrument pres on the front simultaneously with the two line ins on the back.

That's cool. I wasn't sure if you could or not. Good info.

scrubs said:
That's cool. I wasn't sure if you could or not. Good info.

I'm not sure either. The M-Audio FireWire 410 is a 4 in, with two XLRs on the front and two 1/4s on the back, but you can't use all four at once. The 4 ins include 2 SPIDFs. On the PreSonus it seems that it's 6 in, which include the XLRs, the 1/4s on the back plus two SPIDFs.

At least that's the way I'm reading it.

Back